2. Tell Me A Lie

Here's chapter two! Hope you enjoy! And please fan/vote/comment if you like it. It'd mean a lot :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 2
Tell Me A Lie

It was Monday and I was still at Em's place when I received a call from the MFL headquarter. It had been almost three days since the interview and the music event was going to start a week later. I had a feeling in my stomach that told me I wasn't going to get the job, but I tried to ignore it. Of course I was going to get the job, there was no other option!

Em and I sat on her bed and talked about Asking Alexandria's newest tweet about their upcoming album and we were both hysterical. Asking Alexandria happened to be our favorite band.

"I can't wait to hear their new single!" Em said loudly and threw her curly black her over one shoulder. She was so pretty and didn't need to use make up. Though I'd told her that a thousand of times, she kept using a lot of makeup. Her skin was naturally pale and her high cheekbones made her look like a model. She'd painted a thick line of eyeliner that framed her big brown eyes and her long lashes were painted black with mascara. Somehow her eyes seemed to understand more than people told her. Sometimes I felt she was looking right into my brain and read my thoughts. But she was my best friend and I didn't mind it.

Em (whose real name is Emma) lived with her parents in a big apartment at the rich half of Stockholm and was the only child. Her family was happy and wealthy and she'd never had any economical problems. Her Dad was some really well paid boss at one of Sweden's largest banks and Em always got the latest phones and computers. The week before, she'd gotten the latest iPhone 7s. I was still stuck with my iPhone 3GS, though it was almost five years old. The screen was cracked and it was really slow sometime but I couldn't afford to buy a new phone. Nor an apartment, which was the only thing I wanted. If I had an own apartment, I wouldn't have to live with my father any more.

"And did you know they're coming to Sweden in the beginning of next year!?" Em was totally obsessed with Asking Alexandria and her black painted room was literary covered with posters of them. I was never home, so I didn't want to put up any posters. I spent most of my life at Em's place so her room almost felt like my room as well. Well, when I wasn't working.

"No, I didn't," I answered and knew what was coming.

"I'm so going to their concert! I've already asked Dad to buy tickets for us! And I'm thinking of doing a spider-bite." Em put two fingers on the right side of her mouth, just below her lips. Em had been talking about doing a piercing for months and since she was nineteen, her parent couldn't disagree. But there was something else that bothered me.

"I can't go, Em. The concert. I don't have the money..."

"Hey, it's okay, Jess. You don't have to pay."

"Yes, I do, Em! I can't let you and your parents pay me like I'm your sister. I'm going to save every little penny I can without starving to death and maybe I can afford an apartment in the end. But I won't-"

I was interrupted by my cell phone. I stared at it in fear, afraid that it was my father calling.

"Is it your father?" Em whispered. I took another look at the screen and let out a sigh of relief.

"No... It's from the MFL headquarter... Hello?" I picked up the phone and answered.

"Hello! My name is Jacob Andersen. Is this Jessica Warren?" I gave him a small 'yes' and he continued on. "You were at a job interview last Friday and we have decided to give you the job." It felt like a weight lifted from my chest. I was going to get some money this month as well. "And we've put you in group seven so it would be great if you could come over here to get you makeover today."