Prologue

Married life was never been easy as what most married couple might described.

It is something more and deeper than just having a wedding and living together under one roof.

But being married again, with the same person was something I was not really planning when I came back in Shanghai.

Three years ago, when I went to Hungary and decided to leave him after the accident, I was so sure that everything between us had already ended.

I spent those three years finding myself back.

Standing up again after the fall, exploring every new things surrounding me, and deciding not to include the past to the present me that I strived hard to change into.

But despite all of those efforts, I knew myself that it was not enough, and will never be enough because what I'm actually doing is not exactly moving on from the past, from all those hurtful and painful memories, but only escaping from them.

I had never forgotten my child.

There was not a single day that I had not thought of Ximi.

I see him im the children playing in the street outside my apartment, in the children walking hand in hand with their parents on the sidewalk, in the children having their breakfast with their mothers in the restaurants that Dylan and I often visited after my shift in the flowershop.

And anywhere, almost everywhere reminds me of the past that I tried very hard to forget.

But after all those times of trying hard, he appeared right in front of me again, and I knew those walls that I built to protect myself and cover me from those painful memories, shattered just like that in front of Wang Xiyi.

The new Chen Jiaxin that I struggled to create was again caught by him.

Even in my attempts of being strong, pushing him away, ignoring all his efforts to woo me again, I knew myself that it was already too late.

Especially when the truth of the divorce agreement was finally revealed, I know I will forever regret it if I ever leave him again and waste so many years of being apart with each other.

And after those three miserable years of my life, I planned to spend the rest of my life with him again.

To make him happy, and make up for the years that were lost.

With how everything turned up to, I only hoped that Ximi will find peace up there.

And for everyone that I loved to eventually seek the happiness that they keep on looking for.

However, can a person still be happy when she's undeserving of such happiness?