Chapter Twenty Five

Can the prey be taken from the mighty or the captives of a tyrant be rescued?

But thus says the Lord:
Even the captures of the mighty shall be taken, and the prey of the tyrant be rescued; for I will contend with those who contend with you, and I will save your children.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Bennett opened his eyes and shuddered when he saw a dark figure looming over him by the foot of his bed.

He sat up and switched on the bedside lamp.

"My Lord." He quickly got up and knelt.

It was his master, Fil Reuc. His alarm bells were ringing, if he was here, then something must be terribly wrong.

Bennett was sensing something strange from him. He could sense both Fil and William.

What was going on?

"They're trying to free this shmuck. I thought I told you to take care of the cherished." Fil looked rattled and agitated.

He should have guessed.

There were in the middle of a battle.

"Send your men, and hurry. Don't go physically, I want it as stealthily done as possible."

"How many of them can withstand a million demons at a stretch? They think they can actually win, against me, me...the audacity." He was angry.

Fil turned and was about to leave,

"I expect results this tim-" Suddenly he froze.

Bennett stared at his master, surprised he stopped mid-sentence.

"My Lord?" No response.

"My Lord?"

"W-Where am I?" He said. Bennett furrowed his brows.

What?

"How did I get here, I'm back?"

Bennett stared on in confusion.

What was he going on about?

"My Lord," Fil turned and Bennett saw startled blue eyes. Bennett knew immediately that he was no longer talking to Fil.

"Mr. Bennett?" He called confused.

This was William.

William looked at the room he now stood. When did he get here? How come he was back in his body?

He looked at the palms of his hands then touched his face.

"I'm back," Will whispered.

Bennett hasn't said anything, he only stared at him; the look in his eyes had changed.

"Fi...William," Bennett said instead standing up and taking a step forward.

By now Bennett had instructed all the demons he had to spread the word of a battle and to destroy the enemy. His three demons had sent the word. It has started.

William looked at him, still disoriented and relieved but the fear was very evident in his eyes.

"Why am I here? Am I free, finally?" He asked frantically.

Bennett had no idea what just happened, or where his master went, but he knew one thing, William wasn't leaving the mansion.

He was still in their grasp, there was still nothing the cherished could do.