Paternal esteem

Saturday 13 July.

The morning was coming to an end and already the rays of the sun announced a hot day; Jim was on his way back and he had only one desire: to take a shower. Today he had heard over and over again from his customers that a big concert was going to be organized at Wembley but even if it was for an honorable cause, the famine in Ethiopia, he didn't see the point of making a big deal out of it. And yet when he entered Garden Lodge no one was there to welcome him; they were all in the living room stuck to the TV watching this famous concert.

-I'm home if anyone is interested, he said wryly.

-Oh you here my dear! Come sit down you will miss the start, exclamed his boyfriend loudly.

Jim sit down next to Peter and watch the start of the concert in silence, Live Aid was its name. However he couldn't find the enthusiasm or smile and watched the others more, Phoebe and Joe said almost nothing and Freddie seemed as excited as a kid. After enduring a few minutes seeming like a ghost Jim decided to make himself heard.

-Could someone explain all this craze to me?

-Craze? Did you let your neurons at the Savoy Hotel darling, asked the singer rather surprised. It's probably the only concert that brings together so many Legends in the same place!

-Ok but why all this delirium?

Freddie couldn't help but laugh at the innocent question of his man, it was going to be a great day for all of them so he wanted to tell him straight in the eyes.

-If the big names are invited that means that we are too! Queen will do Live Aid, he said with an extremely delighted voice.

With this, Jim's jaw could literally fall to the ground because despite the group's reputation he would never think about it. It was only when Freddie closed his mouth with amusement that he could speak again.

-I guess you want me to come with you? But I didn't have a suit to wear, said the Irishman a bit lost.

-So what? We're not going to a wedding either, responded the singer softly. Go take a shower and just put a t-shirt and your jeans, we're both going to leave earlier because I've an important detour to do.

-Which, asked Jim, raising an eyebrow.

His boyfriend nervously caressed his left arm.

-I'll tell you later, he said simly.

However contrary to what he said, Freddie remained silent throughout the journey. He seemed both agitated and particularly anxious and kept bitting his bottom lip, his man tried to reassure him as best he could, also trying to figure out what was bothering him but of course it was unsuccessful. It was not until they arrived at the place indicated that the tongues were going to be untied.

-Where are we my love, asked Jim quietly.

-Home, replied Freddie with an curious emotional voice. This is the house where my parents live.

-Are you going to introduce me to them, added his man hopefully.

The singer didn't share his enthusiasm this time, he lowered his head then took Jim's hand which he squeezed very tight. The Irishman felt like he was feeling his stress.

-Look darling...I know we talked very little about that, but do you remember what I told you about my family the night we kissed?

-Do you speak about your community and your religion, demanded the younger man calmly.

-Exactly, sighed Freddie. My family's opinion is extremely important to me and already that the relationship with my father is strained, I cannot imagine his reaction if he learned his son loves men.