H.S. Flowers In His Hair - 11

I had a very hard realization today. I don't necessarily want Harry Styles because he's, you know, Harry Styles. All I want is a boy that shines the way Harry does. Is that too much to ask? 

Side note: Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

This one is for @roscoelajeep. 

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away.

Two weeks have gone by, two weeks of me spending all my extra time with Aliza. I go to work and rush home the moment I finish, shower, and then make my way to her. Sometimes I manage a short run.

She always has something planned for us to do. Somewhere to go or something to explore, we built a pillow fort yesterday.

It's as easy as breathing when I'm around her, and within a couple of weeks, she's changed my whole life.

I don't know what time it is; I'm as high as Kilimanjaro. I'm lying on the carpet with my feet on the couch. Aliza is sitting next to me; her body is facing my side.

"How are you coping with your gift?" I wonder out loud. "Years of therapy and an unhealthy amount of weed." I playfully shake my head. 

"The piano helps. It soothes me." She explains further. "It soothes me too. I want to ask you something." I'm slightly nervous now.

She gives me her full attention. "The band, we have a gig coming up soon, do you... Would you like to come with me?" I know it's hard for her to go out, especially when there are so many people involved. I feel selfish even to ask her.

"I'd love to come, Harry; I'll smoke a lot of weed; it helps to feel less." She reassures me. "I promise I won't mind if you don't want to," I tell her. 

She smiles at me; her cheeks are puffy from holding in her breath, tinted red too. "I want to; I'm excited to meet the band." She says, and as far as I can see, she's speaking the truth.

"Do you remember when we used to sneak out to sit in the field near home?" She asks. I turn my head to the side, opening my eyes slowly until her face came into view. 

"Yea, we were so innocent. We truly thought we were delinquents." I shake my head at the memory. "That's where the flowers in your hair started." She muses. "Hmm, it's a good memory."

I ask the question that's been heavy on my mind. "Did you get away?" My voice is small; it's like the boy from twelve years ago is asking the question. "No, grew out of the system." She whispers, not making eye contact.

A fist clenches around my heart. Aliza doesn't deserve what happened to her. "I don't understand it at all." She's always been such a positive person; even as children, she was a role model to everyone. "If I could choose, I'd change places with you back then," I tell her seriously, and I mean every word.

"I think, I think if you stayed then maybe... I don't know how to put it. I think the universe knew that you needed stability. Maybe you wouldn't be here if you didn't leave." Her words hit me hard, but it also just proves my earlier statement about how she deserved it more than I did.

"I think you may be right. My parents are, God Aliza, they're saints. They took in a teenager with more issues than Vogue." She snorts at me but replaces it with an enduring smile. "It makes me so happy that you had a good life, Harry." She tells me honestly.

"They still live in England. I have a sister too, Gemma. She's two years older than me, it took about a year for us to get along, but now she's one of my best friends." I can't help but gush about them because none of my friends know I'm adopted.