H.S. Flowers In His Hair - 18

Hello Beautifull people, read Chapter 17 first, it's a double update xxx

Tell me your secrets and ask me your questions.

Oh, let's go back to the start.

I burst through the apartment door, the one I share with Aliza now. The house is almost done. I search the living room frantically, and my heart sighs when I see her on the balcony smoking. I can't wait any longer to show her.

God, she's going to be over the moon. I yank the door open, startling her. "Tiny Dancer, come ere!" I shout.

I pluck the bud from her hand and take a big drag. I grab her with a lung full of weed and a heart full of songs.

She's frozen, probably from shock. "Why this greeting, Willow." Her words are muffled because she's dangling from my grip like a limp noodle. Sure now you decide not to be a squid. Her lips smashed into my chest. "I have an adventure," I tell her excitedly. "I have to go to the flower shop." I shake my head. 

"Elijah is staying longer; We'll meet him there afterward." I already arranged everything. Since Elijah accepted her offer of a part-time job, she's had more time for herself. I'm finally almost finished with the house, a week later. 

"Why are you so sweaty and dirty." She asks, only now realizing, once I put her down. "Please just play along; I have everything under control." I almost plead with her. "Okay." She nods. I take the bandanna from my back pocket. 

"Will you wear this? When we get to the car?" Mitch was so kind as to borrow me his. She looks at it suspiciously. "Was that thing on your head?" She asks, looking disgusted. I laugh at her features. "No, it's a fresh one." She still looks skeptical.  

"Why are you making this hard? I just want to surprise you." I'm don't understand how she's not more excited. She loves adventure. She sighs again. "Can we just stay in? Go on your adventure tomorrow?" My shoulders sag. I'm not one to push things on people. I'm a firm believer in free will.

She doesn't know what it's about. I remind myself. Maybe she's just not feeling good. "Are you okay? Are you getting sick?" I ask the concern now more important than the house. "No, I'm just off." She alludes.

Man, this didn't go as planned. The yellow ribbon burns a hole in my pocket; it feels heavy. I was going to give it to her as a promise. Ask her to move in with me for the second time into the farmhouse. "Okay, I'll go make some dinner." I walk inside, not looking back at her. It was supposed to be easy, a special moment. 

I'm not angry, not at all, but I am disappointing. It's just a natural reaction when you worked hard for something, and it doesn't go as planned. Where do you put all the excitement? It doesn't just go away; it turns into something else. 

I start on dinner, keeping it simple because I'm not in the mood to make an effort right now. Just get over it; she'll see it tomorrow, it'll still be there. Maybe the whole thing was a mistake. Perhaps she doesn't even like it. 

My mind moves to the one thing I know best, self-doubt. You should have known it's going to flop. Now that I gave into my negative emotions, they seem to tumble through me. What do you do about Aliza? I know everything from when we were kids, but what about her life before? 

Am I so selfish that she feels she needs to hide it from me? How do I not know how her life has been for the last decade. She tells me small things, happy things. Is it really how her life was? Was everything just perfect? I can't believe that.

I put my head on the counter, twisting my hands into my hair. Why am I like this? Is it just who I am at this point? Are people afraid to open up to me? I'm so deep in thought that I smell the burning too late. I turn around and yank the pan from the stovetop.