H.S. Flowers In His Hair - 15

I know we'll always end up on the same one when we're old.

Twisting myself from Aliza is one of the hardest things to do. The moment I succeed in moving one of her body parts, two more appear. 

She's like a damn squid, a tiny, adorable squid, but she has too many limbs. Just give up and go back to bed. I almost do. I made arrangements with Augustine to use the bakery today.

Aliza doesn't know; I surprise her with sweet treats for the opening. That's why I'm struggling at 2 am to get the little fish to stop sucking onto me. Are squid even really fish.

I sigh in relief when I successfully manage to get out of bed. The room is dark, except for the light of the hallway. I packed a bag last night so that I can shower at the bakery. Everything is planned correctly.

I leave a note on the bed that was already written last night as well. I stare at her from the doorway, she's in that weird position again, and I can't understand how that's comfortable. I found out last night that she does yoga every day, as I thought.

Explains the perfect ass. That was my first thought when she told me after I asked what the mat was for. The second thing was more along the line of being a pervert, and what else do you use a yoga mat for.

It just never came up, I guess. Maybe that's why she can sleep like that. I walk down the hallway softly, put on my shoe, and grab everything I need. Closing the door takes me almost a full minute because I don't want to ruin the last step.

The walk to the bakery is quick in the brisk night air. I put on the industrial ovens immediately when I arrive. I start to mix everything; I'm keeping it simple with cupcakes and some danishes. If I have time, I'll make something else.

I put some music on and dance around the kitchen while I prep. I don't know what possesses me, but at 4 am all the ovens are fired up, and over a hundred cupcakes are baking around me—going to eat cupcakes for a very long time. The danishes go next, into the three remaining ovens.

Amy comes in at five for her shift, and she's an angel because she immediately offers to help me. I take out some of the flowers I might have stolen last night from the shop and put them in the flash freezer for garnish. The time escapes me, and when nine rolls around, I'm finishing the icing on the last cupcake.

Shit, I only have an hour. I told her in the note I'll be at the flower shop by ten. The opening starts at twelve, so we'll have more than enough time to set everything up. 

I make rapid work of putting the cupcakes in the van that Augustine has given me for today.

I start to clean up, but Amy shoos me away, and with the quickest shower ever and a kiss on the cheap to Amy for helping me, I'm just on time at the flower shop. I walk inside to find Aliza pattering around the front.

She's standing at the counter, looking down at some papers. I sneak up behind her and grab her around the waist; my chin rests on her shoulder. Ow. "Where were you?" There's no accusation in her tone, only curiosity.

"Come, I'll show you." She lets me drag her away from the counter and outside to the parked van. I pull the back open, the cold breeze feels heavenly on my skin. She steps into the truck behind me, and I notice how little she needs to crouch down while my ass is nearly on the ground.

"I baked you some treats for the people. You can give them away." I bite my nail nervously. "I stole some flowers." 

Well, she's going to find out soon enough. She's staring at me and then the cupcakes and back to me. It's like a tennis match. "You baked. You baked me, sweets?" It's unbelievable to her.