H.S. Flowers In His Hair - 30

Hey Lovies... I hope you enjoy it!

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

"What if they don't like me?" She asks for the tenth time. Aliza has always been such a strong person. You'll never know how many fears she hides deep down. I do, I get to calm her storms. "I've got you. I promise darling, they'll love you." I assure her. 

She's been keeping me up for the last week. She had to wake me up from a nightmare more than once. After coming clean about everything, I've been struggling a bit, but she's always there, always telling me we'll be alright.

I couldn't have done it without her, It's something I put in a box, to never deal with. She gave me a safe space to finally bring it up. It's starting to heal but sometimes the scars in my side turn into the raw cuts they were almost a year ago.

I start from the beginning, that's until she takes my hand and grounds me. I look up. Thank you.

"What if I make a fool out of myself?" Her eyes go wide, she's about to spiral. "What if I become a mute or make a inappropriate sex joke. What if I burp very loudly or have a hole in the seam of my pants. I don't know how to handle parents. I'm going to accidentally offend them and talk to long about flowers or they'll think I'm a freak cause I can't touch them too much. The hugs, Harry! The introduction hugs. Oh My God, I'm going to throw up." She heaves, grabbing her stomach.

"Sunshine." She heaves again, her hand going to cover her mouth. "Sunshine, hey." I pull on her, but she doesn't budge. Her mind is going a mile a minute. "Aliza." I say sternly and her head snaps to mine. "You need to stop this right now." I say a little harder than I wanted to. 

I soften when I see the look on her face. "Tiny dancer." I say and pull her into my chest. She's breathing erratically from her rant. I smooth the back of her hair. "Can you just trust me for now?" She stares up at me. "All of those things you mentioned don't matter. They know that you'll initiate touch. You know who they adopted, right?" I ask her and receive a hint of a smile.  

"Well, if you put it that way." She says with a giggle. I lift her chin with my middle finger. "It'll be okay. Just be yourself." I tell her. The doorbell makes her snap her head towards the sound. She breaks away from me and starts in the opposite direction. I grab her, managing to clutch her shirt. I spin her around to face me. "The door is that way." I point over her shoulder. 

"My hiding place is that way." She points to the side. I let out a hard chuckle. "Come on." I wrap my arm around her waist, pulling her into my side. "Flowers!" She yells and dances towards the kitchen counter. 

She clutches the pink tulips in her hand as we walk to the door. She's going to snap the stems in half from the force. "We'll be alright." She says sternly, perhaps more to herself then me. I'm pulled into a hug the moment the door is wide enough, and I inhale the smell of my mother's shampoo. 

"God I missed you momma." I tell her, pulling her even tighter. She pulls away to look at me. Her arms are on my shoulders. "Look at you, you look really good!" She gushes and my cheeks turn pink. She's shoved out of the way and Gemma takes her place. 

I receive a tight one arm hug from my dad. I look to the side and can't hide my laughter. Aliza is hiding behind the door, softly talking to herself. The flowers now against her chest, it looks like she's praying. 

"Sunshine." I sing out to her, and she snaps out of her trance. She moves away from the door, and I open it fully. "Well, come in." I gesture to them. "This is Aliza." I tell them, pulling her closer by the hand. There's a moment of silence until she pushes the flowers towards my mother.