H.S. Flowers In His Hair - 17

Hello, This is a double update! Make sure you read this first!!!

Feels like I'm all the way back where I belong.

The following month moves at the speed of light. The flower shop is such a success that Aliza almost lives there. She comes home late and exhausted, barely able to keep her eyes open. It's no better for me; I'm at the point where I want to sleep for days. 

Elijah is a huge help, and so is the crew Sam hired. We're nearly finished with the house. If it wasn't for the crew, I don't think I'd ever finish it. The band is performing every second weekend, and the bar is always sold out. 

We've started to charge a cover fee to control the number of people. She's always there. In her special little corner, joined by Elijah to support me. 

Keeping Aliza away from the farm isn't as hard as I thought because of the hours she spends at the flower shop. 

It's a rare Sunday afternoon where we're both home, and Elijah is catching some sleep in my apartment. I'm lying on the balcony on a thick blanket. Aliza is lying with her head on my thigh, curled like a cat. She's playing with my fingers that rest in front of her on the blanket. 

Her hair is pulled back into a braid. She's so stunning. The gleams of the sun catch her perfectly, and my fingers itch to touch every part of her. Warmth spread through me. "God, I love you." The words filler through my lips. Her head snaps up to meet my eyes. 

"I love you too." She doesn't hesitate because how can she not know I love her? I don't even know why it took so long for me to say it. She moves a little closer, resting her head on the same pillow mine is on. "Since I was nine." She adds, and I grin at her. "Since the first week when you took me to the pond."

"I think maybe... Maybe my hearts loved you since birth." I tell her honestly. She consumes everything about me. "Maybe even before, when we were stardust." I continue. She kisses me softly. She savors the moment between us. "Move in with me?" I ask her. 

"Well, technically, I'll move in with you. Since Elijah pretty much owns my apartment now." I laugh, a little nervous. "Okay." She states simply. "Yea?" She hums. What she doesn't know is we won't be living here. "Yea, now I can smother you." She has a sparkle in her eyes. I grab her and pull her onto me, falling on my back.

Her sundress rides up, and her thighs are exposed as she straddles my waist. We've been slow with the physical stuff. I want Aliza to take control of this.

It's the first time where it's not demanding in a relationship. She bends down to kiss me. Her hands go to my hair like it usually does. "I've been living here anyway, but. Now I never have to leave." I whisper against her lips. "I won't let you go anyway." She says. 

"She lays flat against me. Her chin on her folded arms. "I'm thinking of asking Elijah if he wants to work at the flower shop part-time." I wasn't expecting this. It's perfect timing like always. 

"You feeling worked out?" I ask her. She nods. "It just feels like... I love the shop, but I don't have time to grow my flowers. I haven't been on the farm in months. I want to start fixing the house. I don't get much time with you either. It's just too much. I don't want to be the person who works their life away." She explains. 

"Well, I have some good news; in a  few weeks, my double shifts at the bakery ends." If I can capture the smile she's giving me right now; it'll be the prettiest picture ever.  "I'm thrilled to hear that." She says it almost looks like she wants to cry. She looks away, sniffing. "Hey, love, hey Aliza... What's wrong Tiny Dancer?" I ask her, worried.