Chapter 22

Detective Barr entered into Taylor's apartment. He was followed by Max and Ralph. The whole place was still a crime scene. Max looked at the blood stains on the floor.

"No one is allowed here. It still a crime scene, so please don't mess up the crime scene. I don't want to jeopardize the investigation. I'm doing you a huge favor by letting you in here." Detective Barr says.

"We know, detective." Ralph responded as he looks around.

"So, want are really look for here?" Detective Barr asks.

"Anything that will be useful in helping us trace Luke's boss."

"Luke's boss?" Detective Barr questions as he looked confused.

"Luke was the hitman who shot Mr Clark. Now that we know about Luke, the challenging thing is finding his boss." Max says as he puts on the gloves.

"And that hasn't been a easy finding the boss, it seems like he really good in covering his tracks." Ralph says as he also put on his gloves. They start searching the room.

"Interesting case you're investigating. I'm already taken by it." Detective Barr says.

"Don't wish you were investigating this case - it exhausting to investigate this case. I have had sleepless nights trying to pinpoint who is behind this madness." Max states as he opens the drawer, he searches inside the drawer.

Detective Barr knew really well what Max meant. Investigating cases like this one it was draining mentally, physically. Detective Barr sometimes he wished he would switch his career for another career. But for Detective Barr it wasn't easy; being a police officer ran his family, his grandfather and father were well decorated officers. Detective Barr wanted to do his own thing, he didn't want to live in the shadows of his grandfather and father who were great police officers. That's the reason he requested a transfer to another city, he wanted to make his own legacy, he wanted to make it as a top detective without any favors of being a treated differently because of his grandfather and father.

"Well, I came to this city for new challenge. I was tired of living in my grandmother's and father's shadows - I want to make my own legacy. Basically I want no handouts. I prefer to work hard for everything."

"Yep, I feel you. It never nice to live in someone else's shadow." Ralph says as he searches.

Max walks towards the Taylor's bedroom. He walked in. The room was well organized everything was neatly placed. The colour of the room was white. Max wondered were could Taylor hide something in this room. Max started to search on the wardrobe, he was met by many designer clothes on the wardrobe. It was clear Taylor liked looking smart judging from her clothes.

Max sees a file, he open the file, the file had her personal information. Max return the file. Max was starting to losing hope of finding anything as he closes the wardrobe. He sat on a chair near the wardrobe. Max saw a shoe box under the bed. He seemed intrigued by it, he goes on his knees and takes the shoe box. Max stand up and put the shoe box on the bed.

Max opens the shoes box, it had pictures of Taylor and Luke in happier times, some pictures had Taylor and some people who looked like her family. Max could see Taylor loved Luke for her to keep the pictures of her ex. Some pictures were of Luke alone, some Luke pictured in Navy Seal uniform. Max looks at each pictures carefully. But as he looks at the next picture he saw someone he didn't not expect to see. Max looked shocked on what he was seeing, he saw Sandra and Luke alongside Morgan and Trigger and Jackson.

Ralph walked in the room.

"Found anything useful?" Ralph asks.

"It can't be happening." Max says as he looks in disbelief.

"Max, what's wrong?"

"This girl in the picture  with Luke, I know her." Max says as he pass the picture to Ralph.

"You know her from where?"

"That... Benjamin's girlfriend. The one that he currently lives with. Benjamin is in really danger."

"This is really bad."  Ralph says as he shakes his head.

******************************