Home Bound

After ✨WINNING✨ the rodeo barrel racing with Ella, we both came in 1st! We tied 3 times so the judges made a first time in history decision, to have us both place in first. We loved it though! Anyway, me and Ella were headed home. Ella and I got home and about 3 minutes later we heard engines roaring, I started to shoot first, question later due to the events that happened over the weekend. But it looked like Happy and Juice decided to follow us along with Halfsack home. Harper (our farm hand) came walking up from the fields with Spitfire. Spitfire was a rescue horse that we found as a baby when Harper first started working with us so we let the babe be hers as long as she took care of it. It did stay with her at the house though. We had a small cabin built for her after she felt like she was "intruding too far into our personal lives". Harper is like a little sister to me and Ella, when we were overseas or on a run, she always took care of our horses. We took Harper in when she was 15 after we found out that her parents were abusing her. This is after we paid Cindy and Mark a lil visit. Harper came running up to us, congratulating us on our wins! "Did ya find ya some fellas while you were celebrating?" She asked as Happy, Juice, and Halfsack came walking up to us. We nodded while smiling and thanking her. She looked at Halfsack like she wanted some biker loving too though! We introduced them and then greeted our guys. "As cheery as I am to see y'all, where did you come from? We didn't see y'all the whole way here? Did you track us?" We asked looking at our culprits. Juice and Happy smirked while Halfsack started laughing. "I'm a techno geek baby, what can I say?" I laughed and kissed my man. I looked over, "is everybody hungry?" I heard a couple of finallys and and few hell yeahs. I looked at the girls, "y'all go get everything unloaded and I'll start supper." We all stated our separate ways and I told the guys to make themselves at home and showed them to the living room. I brought them some beer and went back to get started. I opened the fridge and thank goodness, Harper had us all stocked up. I swear that girl is a blessing. I started boiling a pot of water for mac & cheese. I threw the potatoes in the oven with some tinfoil on them so they could start baking. I had the oven at 400 so they'll cook fast. After doing that, I got out all my seasonings, the steaks, and the butter. As I was coming back from the fridge with my haul, Juice was at the door of the kitchen smiling at me. I smiled and started to blush cause of the way he was looking at me. "What?" As I said that I think I snapped him out of some kinda daze he was in "I could get used to this" I blushed so I could feel all the blood even from toes in my face at the moment. He walked over to me and kissed my forehead before walking to the fridge and getting 3 beers. I smiled watching him walk away. Right at that moment, Harper came running in "Ella fell and hit her head cause one of the horses shoved when they saw a snake," Harper rushed back out as I ran outside to check on her to see if we needed to call an ambulance. As I ran out I saw Ella sitting up with Harper right beside her. As I ran over to her she told me it was no big deal, but I ignored her and turned to Harper, "let's get her in the house. We'll sit her at the table. You finish supper and I'll help her." She nodded at me as we headed towards the house. As we were walking out, Halfsack came running over asking what happened and if we were okay. I told him it's fine and that it's a minor head injury. He nodded and said he'll go get Happy. I told him to meet us in the dining room. As we sat Ella down, Happy came storming in like he had been away from her for years ran over and looked over her. "I'm taking care of her," said Happy. I looked over at Harper and nodded and we left them to it. We walked in and I started ordering Harper around. I threw a seasoned steak on my cast iron I put on heat before Harper came in earlier. I checked the water and poured in my macaroni noodles. After throwing in a little butter, I started getting my cheeses from the fridge. Mozzarella, mild cheddar, and white cheddar are my cheeses of choice. As I turned around, Harper had left the kitchen and Juice replaced her. He had put on my Christmas baking apron. I couldn't contain the laughter that came out of my throat before I had thought about it. He walked closer to me and I was still dying laughing. He was laughing with me as he got closer. He wrapped his arms around me and whispered in my ear "do you like my sexy outfit for the night?" And any control I had was gone! At that point Harper and Half sack came strolling in to be nosey I reckon. They started laughing too until I gave them both my stare. They stopped laughing and looked terrified and turned back to go into the living room. I moved Juice so I could go flip my steaks and start making the rest of the dinner. After flipping the steaks, I got a huge platter for them, and a big mixing bowl and a strainer. I put the strainer in the sink so I could drain the noodles when they get al dente. I went to the fridge and got everything I would need for my smashed baked potatoes. After the final touches, I called it. "Supper's ready!" I grabbed beers and plates as everybody started piling in. I put my steak on the bottom so nobody would get it. After everybody headed to the dining room, I finished loading my plate and headed there myself. We took hands and said a little prayer for the man upstairs. We quickly started chowing down. All the guys started thanking me along with Ella and Harper. After dinner, we got a pie out of the freezer (it's homemade but we freeze a few when we make them for times like these - no energy) and set it on the counter to thaw. I walked in the living room to see Ella setting up a board game while Harper and Halfsack fought over which movie to watch. I didn't see Juice tho. All of a sudden I felt arms go around me and I recognized them instantly. He grabbed me by the waist pulling me into the kitchen and as I turned around, he slammed his lips on mine and I returned it without hesitation. He backed me up to the counter and picked me up by my thighs and sat me on it. We kept going at it until we heard a throat clear, that is. We were both startled by whoever broke us apart. Ella. That little heffer. She smirked as we made eye contact while walking towards me. She gave me our look and I checked behind her and saw Happy. I looked back to her eyes and started smirking while Juice moved to beside me watching closely. Ella walked up to me and took Juice's spot. Her hands were on my thighs and mine were around her neck. We broke apart to breathe and we looked at our men and they looked miserable. Even Happy. Ella turned fully around and before she could go anywhere, I hopped on her back, making her give me a pony back ride. Juice and Happy started walking our way so I shouted run and pointed in a direction that neither would catch us if we went that way. And so the race was on.