The Talk

"I thought it was clear for you to not make contact with me again?" I tell him. I hear him sigh, "I just thought,...you don't love me, do you? And you've lost all interest in me." He replies defeatedly.
"Yes, Colton. I have lost all interest and no, I do not love you." With that I end the phone call.

Now I have to go deal with what ever Zachary wants to talk about. I really hope it's nothing stupid. I'm really not up for arguing today. The ride home seems to be taking forever, so I speed up to 70. Hopefully there's no cops out, the last thing I need is a ticket and mom to get mad at me.

Before going on I check my self in the mirror and run my fingers through my hair. I walk quickly to the house and scan the area, looking for Zachary. Nothing. Entering my room I make a quick change of cloths. I pick out my green tank top with black shorts.

Oh wait! Zachary said in his room! Walking through our bathroom, I knock on his door. "You don't have to knock, Carter."

"How'd you know it was me? Could've been my mom."

He shakes his head, "Nope. Your mom is at work." He stands and pulls me on the bed and starts tickling me. I'm squirming wilding around, laughing uncontrollably, and out of breath. I beg and scream for him to stop and finally, he does. I wrap my arms around my tummy and frown.

"Aw what's wrong, pumpkin?"
"I feel violated" I say in a small voice. We both laugh out. Then in seconds Zachary goes serious, and pins me to the bed.

"I need to ask you something, Carter."
"Then ask." I smile up at him.
He grins back for a second then looks shy.

"Look," He stops, sits up and runs his hand through his hair. And he looks unbelievably adorable right now.
I sit up, and tell him it's okay, that he can tell me or ask me anything.

"It's just, you're different from all the other girls. I find my self lost for words sometimes. " I give him a look. He chuckles "I know right? But anyways, you may or may not believe me, but Carter, I can't seem to keep you off my mind. Always wanting to see and talk to you. It drives me crazy, and those few stolen kisses..... Carter I like you, no, I more than like you. I want to be with you. Would you give me a chance?"

I sit here, staring at him, I'm sure my mouth is open but I don't care. Zachary has just told me that he likes me. He has just told me that he wants to be with me. Oh my! What the hell? Is this a joke? WHAT?

"Carter. Now would be a good time for you to answer me.." He says in a low voice. He sounds.... worried.

"I....i...yes. I mean, yeah I have feelings for you, but Zachary, all those girls.." I shake my head.

"Carter, you're different. I don't want them. I never really did! I want you! "

I jump up at how desperate his voice sounds.

Instead of answering him, I lean in and kiss him. Totally taking him by surprise. I deepen the kiss and he pulls away, "If you give me a chance, I want to take things slow." I nod and kiss him once more.

"I can't believe this" I hear Zachary say.
"You? If you would've told me this last year, I would've laughed."
He turns his head to look at me, his face red, he's blushing! " I would've never imagine you'd actually saying yes to being my girl."
I smile "Your girl?"

"Yes", he kisses my forehead, "my girl."