Chapter 1

Hey there! Welcome to the beginning of my new series! Yeah i absolutely LOVE the maze runner and as well as watching the movies i'm reading the books. Anyway, enjoy <3

Your Outfit:

The familiar grinding noise of the box began to go off again, as it did once a month

The familiar grinding noise of the box began to go off again, as it did once a month. You threw your shovel across the garden and ran over to the box, just like everyone else. 

"Shove over!" You exclaimed making your way past all of the eager boys waiting to see the new greenie. "Hey Newt." You smiled standing up next to tall blonde boy, he looked back at you with a charming grin. 

"Hey y/n." He responded, that lovable British accent of his shining.

The sound of the box climbing up towards you all came to a stop, and the stone doors slid open. You took a step forwards to see under a barred rooftop a boy around everyone else's age starring, terrified, up at you all. The boys began to chuckle, like they had expected better. 

You helped open up the doors and your friend, Gally jumped in. "Day 1 Greenie, rise and shine." He said to the boy, pulling him out the box.

He landed in the middle of everyone, you looked down to the ground to see a boy with dark sandy hair and light brown eyes. Everyone started mocking him, the boy jumped up and began to run. The boys cheered knowing he couldn't go anywhere. You began to smile seeing how fast he ran, until he tripped over and fell on his face.

"Oh damn." You said scrunching up your nose.

The boy shakily stood up, he had seen them. He looked up at the mossy stone walls surrounding you all. Surrounding the glade. 

Two boys grabbed him under his arms and threw him into the Glader's jail. "All yours!" They exclaimed to your leader, Alby.

Alby sighed and walked over to the locked wooden door. Soon he started giving the greenie a small tour.

You noticed Newt walking up to them, you did the same and followed him. 

"Hey you alright Alby?" Newt asked, you adored his accent.

"Green-bean. Meet Newt." Alby introduced, Newt and the greenie began to shake hands. "When i'm not around he's in charge."

"Well its good that your always around then." Newt chuckled.

"And this is y/n." Alby said pointing to you.

"Hi." You smiled shaking the grennie's hand, he looked at you really confused. "Yeah i'm the only girl here."

"Listen that was some dash you made earlier." Newt said, bringing the attention back to the greenie. "You know for a second i thought you had the chops to be a runner, until you face-planted." 

Alby let out a chuckle. 

"What? Runner?" The greenie questioned.

"Newt do me a favor, go find Chuck?" Alby asked.

"Alright." Newt answered walking past Alby, you patted him on the back as he did.

"Y/n you want to go through the rules with me then teach greenie here about the positions?" Alby asked.

"Sure, i mean i have been in most of them." You smiled.

"Look i'm sorry to rush this, but you came in late. And there's a lot to do." Alby started, leading you and the greenie towards the watch tower.

"Hope your not afraid of heights." You sighed running ahead to the tower. By the time Alby and the greenie caught up you were already halfway up the tower.

You, Alby and the Greenie had perfect view above the Glade. "This is all we got. We worked hard for it. And you respect this place. You and i will get along just fine."

"Whats out there?" The greenie asked, pointing to the doorway between the stone walls.

"We only have 4 rules." Alby started. "First, don't do anything weird to y/n. Believe me she will kick the crap out of you." Alby said making you chuckle. "Second, do your part, no time for any free loaders. Second never harm another Glader, non of this works unless we have trust. Most importantly, never go beyond those walls. You understand me Greenie?"

The Greenie nodded. "Great, now y/ will give you a brief tour of the positions, we'll get you doing something you have a interest in."

"Hey y/n!" Exclaimed a familiar voice at the bottom of the tower. You leaved over the banister, letting your long hair fall down, to see a plump boy with a head of curls waving at you. "Hey Chuck!" 

After leading Thomas to the homestead with Chuck, Alby called you over to him. "I'll be back in a second, don't do anything stupid while i'm gone." You said pointing at Chuck and Thomas. 

You turned around and ran to Alby, you were definitely the fasted runner in the Glade, its a shame your talent wasn't put to use. 

"Yeah Alby?" You questioned.

"Listen y/n, only go through the basics with Greenie over there. Don't mention anything about the maze yet."

"But you already said he isn't allowed past the walls?" You smirked.

Just then, your friends Minho and Ben ran back through the doors.

"Now that is pure coincidental. Okay if he asks me anything that's on them." You said putting your arms up to add feeling to what you were saying.

"Just don't tell him whats in there then. At least not yet." Alby instructed.

"Fine. But if Chuck has already told him that's not my fault!" You exclaimed walking away from Alby. 

It was perfect timing to, as you turned your back Gally pushed the Greenie over, who was now in front of the maze doors.

As the Greenie stood up to defend himself you picked up the pace and sprinted over.

"Hey don't touch me!" The Greenie yelled.

"Hey!" You exclaimed getting closer, as all the boys did, you gave The Greenie a slight nudge back away from Gally. "What's going on." 

The Greenie pushed you back. "Hey what the hell is wrong with you guys?!"

"Hey just calm down alright." Newt instructed, standing in front of you like protection.

"No! Why wont you tell me what's out there?" Greenie asked.

"We're just trying to protect you." Alby answered.

"For your own good." Newt added.

"You guys can't just keep me here!" Greenie argued.

"We can't let you leave, now more than ever." You responded.

"Why not?!" 

With perfect timing, the stone walls made a mechanical noise. Followed by two thuds. A gust of wind flew out of the maze blowing your hair back and making you squint your eyes. It settled for a spit second before the sound returned. And the 300 feet high and 7 feet wide doors began to meet, sealing of the maze from you all. 

"Next time, I'm going to let you leave." Gally hissed to the Greenie once the doors had shut.

"I'll explain tomorrow okay." You smiled rubbing the Greenie's shoulder, he was clearly lost for words. How could stone walls even move? He was probably thinking, just as everyone had on their first day.

Thank you for reading! That was 1211 words! I hope you enjoyed and the next chapter is ready!