Chapter 3

When you woke up almost everyone was awake, you rubbed your eyes and say Thomas walking up to you.

"Alby said you had something planed for me?" Thomas asked.

"Something planed?" You mumbled before your memory came back. "Oh yeah! Follow me."

You reached down to a small wooden box next to you, when it opened it was full of.. well girl things. You picked up a small hairbrush and stroked it through your hair and sprayed yourself with a small plastic bottle of perfume that smelt like lilies.

"What's that?" Thomas asked.

"Girl things." You answered rubbing the sleep from your eyes.

"Like what?" Thomas questioned.

"I'll tell you when your a girl Thomas." You smirked getting up. You recahed under your hammock and grapped a bow and a set of arrows from the dirt. "Now follow me!"

"Whats that for?" Thomas asked.

"You asked a lot of questions, its for birds. If any fly by i can shoot them, i have an amazing aim, get them in the eye each time."

As you walked past the outdoor kitchen you grabbed a piece of toast ,that had been burning in the oven, behind Frypan's back and continued walking.

"Now Thomas, since we don't really know what you want to do-" You started.

"I want to be a runner." Thomas interrupted.

"I'm afraid its not that easy, you have to be chosen for it. So anyway, today we're going to try you as a track-hoe and see how you get on."

"How do i become a runner?" Thomas asked.

"Have you been listening to me? Or is everything i'm saying going in one ear and out the other." You said slighting hitting Thomas' right ear. "Track-hoe" You instructed pointing to the garden.

A while later, you were pulling corn from the vines while Thomas kept asking questions.

"Has anyone ever tried climbing to the top?" He questioned.

"Tried that. The ivy doesn't go all the way to the top, and besides, where you going to go from there?" Newt answered.

"But what about the box? When it comes up someone goes in-"

"I tried that." You interrupted. "Box wont go down if someones inside."

"Okay but what if we-"

"We've tried it." Newt chuckled, getting fed up with Thomas. "Alright? Twice. Alright trust me, Anything you think of, we've already tried. The only way out of here is through the maze." Newt answered making Thomas go silent."Now look you want to be helpful?" Newt passed him a bucket and spade. "Go dig up some fertilizer."

Thomas sighed and walked away towards the woods.

"He's only trying to be helpful." You smiled while pulling corn of the vines.

"If he wants to be helpful he should just do his job." Newt sighed.

"I already know he's not going to just shut up and work." You replied.

"Yeah well..." Newt sighed.

You heard a distant mumbled scream, you stopped what you were doing and listened closely.

"What's wrong?" Newt asked.

"I thought i heard something." You answered, before returning to your job.

You heard another scream, this one was louder than the other but it was still muffled.

"You hear that?" You asked.