Chapter Eight

Chapter eight

Wesley's pov-insight

Day 2

I thought about what had happened. Did Noah attempt to kiss me? Yah that was a logical answer. But I wanted to know why? I won't lie and say that I don't have feelings for him at all. Actually I do and that confused me, it wasn't those feelings that are like yah he's my friend. These were different. Stronger maybe. Although he had pulled away, maybe he thought that we needed to know each other more....or it was because he wanted to keep the friendship we have intact. Although thinking about this is confusing me more and more.

I sat up in my bed and peered over to Noah, who was still asleep. I smiled he was so cute while he slept. His mouth was half open and he was sprawled out on the bed. His dark hair was messy, but I kind of liked it that way. His natural wavyish hair was coming to surface.  

I sighed then looked around when I heard a weird noise. I was more glad that the door was locked and there were bars on the window that was in the middle of the back wall. It also had glass on it. I hope it is that same glass that our first cells had.  I heard the noise again and climbed out of bed then walked over to Noah's bed where he was sleeping. When he rolled over again I climbed in his bed and cuddled up to him like a child. He rolled back over on his side and wrapped an arm around me.

I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep, but sleep was unreachable to me right now. Though I did feel a lot safer. I wondered why that was, my enemy for almost four whole years and yet at the end of that he made me feel safe. I frowned as other thoughts pestered my mind.

What happened to Allison, Cyan, and Michael? Were they okay or were they more part of the plague? What about my family were they okay or were they dead too.

What about high-school I never will be able to graduate and get a diploma will I? Or finish my high-school life with being star athlete on the track and field team will I? No that's not possible now. That door had been slammed shut in my face.

Food. I had just realized my stomach was growling at me. I groaned and curled up. I was glad for once I was short compared to average height teen boys. Back to food I wondered if they were going to feed Noah and I. They had to. Although before I didn't want to eat I had still felt sick and weak after the affects of that serum. That was put into me.

I suddenly felt Noah pull me into him more, if I wasn’t half asleep I wouldn't be doing this. But I was scared and wanted safety, so that was Noah.

It was interesting to hear his past life, and what he actually thought about me. Maybe it's the thing where we're mean to each other because secretly we liked each other. Wow I sound like a girl, actually this whole right now I sound like a complaining bitch.  Oh well I guess it's not bad to reflect on what exactly is going on. It may even keep me sane.

My eyes closed, when my mind told it that it was okay to sleep now.

The next day I awoke to the large metal door opening. I peered out of one eye that wasn't closed and , looked at doctor Finlay who walked in with food? I licked my lips.

"You two eat the food then day two will begin for you both." He informed us then walked out and shut the large metal door behind himself.

I was going to move but Noah was still asleep and had me tightly in his arms. I sighed and waited until he woke up.

Noah’s P.O.V

I jolted awake after a nightmare had engulfed my restless sleep. I hate this stupid ‘zombie’ shit. I glanced downward when I felt something warm move slightly. What the… when had Wesley climbed into my bed? This is bad, this is totally bad. I made a few attempts to move without disturbing him but when the sound of the door opening, froze my insides, I shut my eyes again, pretending to sleep and by instinct tightened my hold on Wesley. Doctor Finlay’s tone echoed in the small room.