Chapter Fourteen

(If you see random little coments in perenthesies or something like that it means that we were talking between each other and forgot to erase it)

Noah’s P.O.V- An enemy or friend?<--- Love it :D

I walked from the bathroom, in the direction of the exit. the air around me was suffocating and I couldn’t breathe. It was quite strange, meeting my enemy for the first time because… well I don’t think I’ve felt like that before. From the moment he’d walked into the room something hit me mentally… it was as though my brain was trying to reach a past that had been hidden from me. He’d said his name was Wesley… why is that name spinning around in my mind like it’s something important, as though he’s someone important. Do you see what I mean now about suffocating? I can’t breathe with these thoughts.

     I burst through the doors being greeted first of all by the sun… I hate the sun. I’m sure it purposely comes out to piss me off. It’s up there in that blue sky, mocking me with its annoying rays. I glared up at it offence, and stalked to the tree where I usually sat now. It’s nice and shady under there. In a few moments Miranda will come and collect me… giving me my orders as usual. This time, I’ll be up against that kid. How can I fight someone who smiles like that? He didn’t even flinch when I was a jerk just then… and as if this entire mess wasn’t bad enough, I’d thought he was fucking cute. Can I really go up against him?

     “Experiment One-hundred, you are being summoned to the arena now, in area nine. This is hand to hand combat, but I’m sure you’ll use whatever means necessary. Don’t take it easy on him either, just because he’s smaller… don’t underestimate his powers. Come.”

    Like the little lap dog I was becoming for these people, I stood up and followed her willingly. God knows where my previous self had gone. I’m Noah… and… I’m eighteen… I lived in… I lived… where the fuck did I live? My school… friends? I had friends right? I continued to follow Miranda up some metal steps, and approached a large metal door, standing in the distance of a stupidly long hallway. Along this particular hallway were a few doors where previous experiments had been contained… experiments like me, who’d fallen to the worst level of their virus. It wasn’t a pretty sight, and they screamed so loud through insanity it made my ears bleed.

       Miranda stopped at the door now, and turned to face me.

        “Remember, don’t hold back. You go in there with the intention to kill your enemy. If you succeed, you win back your freedom and the anti-virus. Understand, experiment one-hundred?”

        “I understand.” I responded and before I went inside, I moved the ear piece into position near my ear and spoke into it. “Initiating experiment one-hundred. Mission begin… in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…”

     The door opened automatically and I stepped inside, searching my surroundings… the room was wide, cold… empty except for chains hanging from the ceiling and a chair. The floor was dirt or like grit, walls were stone. And then my eyes fell upon my target… I took a deep breath preparing myself as I spoke.

       “We meet again experiment one-hundred-and-one. Have you prepared?”

       "Yeah I have Noah." He smirked and unsheathed his interesting swords. We circled one another slowly as I raised my fists. Yeah, I’m not programmed to use weapons… ‘they’ injected me with the same amount of power as Wesley… except he’s been training with swords too. I don’t know why but right now… I’d be happy if all of this came to an end, I’ve already accepted my fate of giving in. I know he’s strong, if he really wanted to, he could kill me now. At that moment I felt a sharp stabbing pain enter my head, causing me to grip it tightly as a white light blinded my vision… voices ringing so loud in my mind but I couldn’t understand them because they spoke to high and fast. Not really wanting to, my body acted automatically and my hand shot something blue but Wesley jumped out of the way.