A huge misunderstanding

Adam called Nina's cell phone.
"Heeey beautiful," Adam greeted as soon as she picked up.
"Umm... this is her dad," Richard awkwardly said.
Adam turned pale. He decided to try and casually cover up.
"Oh hey, Mr. Williams," Adam greeted sheepishly. "Where is Nina?"
"She's taking a shower," Richard said. "What do you want?"
"Well, I wanted to take her out on a date," Adam said, hoping that Richard wouldn't get mad at him. "Is that okay... sir?"
"Well, it is definitely not okay," Richard said, with fake anger. "How can you say such a-"
He didn't get to finish because Nina pulled the phone away.
"Dad!" Nina said, pulling her phone away with a frown. "Hello?"
"Nina?" Adam said, surprised. "Is that you?"
"Adam?" Nina said, frowning at her father. "Yeah it's me. What's up?"
"I was wondering if we could go out for dinner tonight," Adam said. "What do you think?"
"Oh I'd love too!" Nina said, shooting a glance at her father, who grinned in return. "Where is it?"
"At uh... Restaurant Délicieux," Adam said. "Seven-thirty?"
"I'll be there," Nina said, smirking at her father. "Bye Adam."
Richard was kinda surprised they didn't do the 'you hang up first' thing and just hung up like normal people.
"Dad!" Nina frowned at her father. "Why?"
"Just to scare him," Richard said with a shrug. "Anyway, where are you going?"
"Délicieux," Nina said. "Alright, bye dad! I'm gonna go get ready."
She sang a tune and ran off to her room. Little did she know, Anna was listening all along.
'This is my chance,' Anna thought. 'Let's see how you react when I steal your guy, Nina.'
She went to her room too and quickly got ready. She already done her makeup earlier and just had to choose an outfit. Nina on the other hand had spent hours getting ready. She wanted to look her best because she had a hunch that Adam was planning something nice for her.
A proposal.
Anna quickly got dressed and went to the garage to get her red Vespa scooter. She kinda looked strange riding on a scooter, wearing a fancy figure-hugging red dress.
But at the same time she looked stunning. A few young boys from the neighbourhood had sent whistles her way. She gave them a flattering flying kiss and went on her way to the restaurant that Adam had planned for Nina.

Nina applied a final coat of coral lipstick and went downstairs. To her surprise, her parents seemed to be getting ready for a date night too.
"Oh hey, sweetie," Mrs. Williams greeted. "Going for dinner with Adam, I presume?"
"Yep!" Nina said cheerfully. "I think he's planning to propose!"
Her parents smiled and wished her good luck. Nina grabbed her keys and rushed over to the garage to get her sleek black Ducati bike.
'I think I'll turn my back on being an assassin,' Nina thought as she put her helmet on. 'For the safety of Adam and our future kids.'
She started her bike and rode off to the restaurant he said he'll be meeting her.

Anna on the other hand had arrived at the restaurant and parked her Vespa near the entrance. She took her helmet off and shook her hair free. Her short hair made it easier for her to fix her hair.
She entered the restaurant and sat at a table at the front, waiting for Adam to arrive.

Adam was rushing to the restaurant in his bike after a group presentation. He was supposed to finish earlier but the other groups had taken forever to present and to make matters worse, his group was the last to present.
But he managed to make it just in time at seven-twenty. He ran into the restaurant and stopped short as he saw Anna sitting at a table there, seemingly waiting for him. He figured that it might've just been because she was waiting for her date there too.
So he gave her a short wave of his hand and passed her table, going to a table at the back. He sat himself down to wait for Nina, but to his surprise, Anna came and sat down in front of him.
"Heeey Adam," Anna spoke seductively. "How are you doing?"
"Umm... good?" Adam replied with a shrug. She always seemed to creep him out, he didn't know why. "Where's Nina?"
"Oh, I don't know, on her way?" Anna said with a giggle. "Anyway, what's your plan for tonight?"
"To have dinner," Adam said. "With Nina."
"Oh what a shame!" Anna said with mock sympathy. "Too bad, she's never gonna come."
"What?" Adam asked, surprise. "What do you mean? Where is she?"
"Now that's not important," Anna said flirtatiously. "What's important now is you, and I, together."
"What do you want from me?" Adam asked, getting up impatiently.
"You," Anna said pointing at him with a seductive smile. "You're better off with me than Nina. Besides, she's a really stiff person."
Adam wanted to listen no more. He started walking away to leave the restaurant. He was halfway there, but to his surprise, Anna pulled him from the back, and planted a kiss on his lips, surprising him. She put her arm around him, pulling him closer. Adam accidentally did the same thing too. He was stunned, not knowing what was actually going on.