Chapter 4

We continued our way to the camp, morales showing Rick the way. It was dead silent over everyone. I wonder how the group is going to feel once we come back with one but not one of our own.

My mind then wondered to Daryl. I was the original one who brought them to our camp. I was out scavenging for food. Hoping I wouldn't have to eat any more canned veggies. Something meat wise would have been nice.

I opened the door to the cabin, only it was a crossbow to my head that I was met with. "The hell you want" the rough voice said. I didn't say anything. He pulled the door open now myself being fully in view.

He looked my up and down, pulling his crossbow down away from my face. "What's yer name" he said. Still eyeing me. I rolled my eyes and just stood there.

"What do ya not know how to talk?" He asked shaking his head in annoyance. I continued to stare at him. "I asked what your name was" he said lower. This time taking a step closer. "Do I have to kill ya to get you to talk" he growled.

I nodded my head yes, pulling a small smile. He looked up at me with an odd look. "Ya really don't talk?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows. I shook my head no. Still not moving a step.

"The hell you want" he grudges turning around and sitting back in the couch. I still stood there looking at him. "You got more people?" He asked. I nodded pointing my way to camp. "You out looking for food or something?" He asked.

I nodded, my body relaxing lightly. I stained at him before pulling up my sleeve and pointing to the words 'Brinley' on my arm. I was showing Carl how to spell my name and he suggested that when I got out I have it on my arm so I can show people my name. Pretty smart idea actually. Carl was a smart kid.

"Names Daryl, my brothers names Merle, he's out hunting right now" I nodded looking around the small cabin.

"It's kinda dangerous you not talking ya know, I coulda put an arrow right in your head for you not talking. I shrugged my shoulders, oh well.

The front door opened, Daryl grabbed his crossbow but put it back down when the person came into the room completely. This must be Merle.

"Who the hells this?"

"Her names Brinley, came looking for food for her people" Daryl said, standing up and looking at Merle. "Ah that was nice of ya to find me a girl" Merles smirked coming closer to me.

I looked at the man a little wide eyed. Who the hell does he think he is. "Enough Merle, she's gonna take us back to her camp" Daryl muttered. Merle looked over at me.

"Brinley" a voice said I looked up at Rick. "We're here" he said. I nodded getting out and walking back up to camp.

I walked closer smiling over at Carl as he came to wrap his arms around my legs. I ruffled his hair, smiling up at Lori as well. I was getting pretty close to the two. They definitely made me feel more welcome around here.

Carl broke away from me looking over at Rick as he made his way closer to us. "Dad. Dad" Carl yelled taking off running, a small smile making its way to my lips. I was right, it is her husband.

Lori pulled away from me as well, pulling Rick and Carl into her. I looked over at Shane, he had the fakest smile on his face. He was hurt. His little girlfriends husband is back so that leaves him in the dirt.

We all smiled at the reunited family. I couldn't be happier for Lori. Since being here at this camp, she has become a pretty big part of my life. I always looked after Carl for her when she just needed some time alone. I also recall once I was out in the woods doing god knows what when I found lori crying. We spend the next hours her sitting there ranting to me about her now dead husband.

Now she was reunited with him.

We all sat around the fire, smiling at each other. Rick was telling us the story about how he got out of the hospital. I yawned, smiling over at Carl who laid in his dads lap. Lori smiled over at me as well. "Why don't you go get some sleep huh? You had a pretty long day. She patted my leg and I nodded.

I nodded at everyone else and headed back to my tent. I switched into my more comfortable clothes and laid in between my sleeping bag.

I laid there for what seems like forever. My eyes glued to the top of my tent. There was no way I was going to be able to sleep. My mind was racing to the man somewhere in the woods. Thinking that he would be reunited with his brother when he gets back from his hunt.

It don't sit right leaning Merle on the roof like that. Ain't no way in hell that man was gonna let Rick get away with something like this.

I sighed, turning over on my cot. How were they going to tell him?

I finally sat up, annoyed with my back and forth. I grabbed my bag, pulling out my small canister that held a full joint and a lighter. Something I didn't do very often considering weed is hard to come by these days.

I walked off into the forest. My bare legs cold in the night breezy. I wasn't bothered about putting my sweatpants on. My spandex and large black T would be enough for my little smoke session.

I walked a pretty decent amount from camp. Not wanting to disturb anymore. It's not like this was a normal thing and they were okay with it. I felt comfortable enough away, I let the joint taking a log drag in and automatically feeling just a little bit better.

A twig snapped behind me and I snapped to come face to face with Daryl. I breathed out, smoke going into his face. You ass

"The hell you doing out here girl, you ain't even got pants on" he said motioning to my bare legs. "Come on" he said nodding his head in the direct of camp. We stopped about halfway at his small makeshift camp for the night.

I held out the joint to him, he took it and took a puff of it. "Where ya get this?" He asked. Taking a look at it. I pointed to myself then rolled my fingers signaling that I rolled it myself. He nodded taking another hit then handing it back to me.

"Why the hell you not wearing pants?" He questioned, twirling the arrow in his fingers. I shrugged my shoulders, tilting my head to look at him.

He was staring into a small fire, the flames flickering light over his face. He was very good looking, hell even I couldn't deny that. I mean we're adults here so it's okay.

After a couple puffs I handed the joint to Daryl. He took it and took a couple puffs. Hanging it back I smiled at him. I rarely smile but the drug taking over affect it allowed me to relax a bit.

The man huffed next to me, looking over at me.  "Is there a reason you don't talk?" He asked. I shrugged, looking into the fire before glancing up at Daryl again.

His eyes hadn't left me, watching me intently. He could never expect me to answer him right? He knew I really probably wouldn't.

I was thrown from foster home to foster home. A few of them weren't too bad. One in particular always stuck with her. It was a family, mom, dad and a daughter a baby named penny. The man was pure evil.

I looked up at Daryl, finally nodding my head. Daryl only nodded, never pushed too far as he could see I was starting to get uncomfortable.

We finished the rest of the joint in silence. I looked up at Daryl who sat with his elbows on his knees and he watched the fire burn.

I cleared my throat, gaining the attention of hopefully only Daryl. I pushed my head towards camp and stood up. "Goodnight" he said. I nodded and made my way back to my camp. Finally being to a point where I could maybe get some sleep.