Thanksgiving 2022

Yes, I know how late this is but I wanted to do a thanksgiving one before any Christmas things..

Steve was currently leading one of his therapy groups. It was Thanking so he decided that they should go around their circle and say the thing that they where most grateful for, to show that there was still good.

Sasha Greene started, she was thankful for her cat, Garrett Finley was thankful for his daughter, Innis Edmon was thankful for less pollution and less poor, Delany Richards was thankful for this therapy group, Fred Karris was thankful for his best friends, Hanna Desman said she was thankful for alcohol they would have to talk about that later, Samantha Braniss was thankful for her father.

Then it was Steve's turn, he didn't hesitate or think, he didn't need too. "I'm thankful for Natasha  Romanoff, she's always been there for me no madder what and I love her", did he really just say that? His face flushed red and he cleared his throat. 

He was thankful that they had decided to do that at the end of the session.

Everyone had left. Steve sat in his chair and rubbed his hands over his face before standing up. He hadn't seen Nat in a week and it was high time he gave her a visit. No one should spend a holiday alone after all.

He picked up a ready made thanksgiving meal, he didn't know anyone sold those. It was small, only half a turkey, some stuffing, four slices of corn bread, and two sweet potatoes. But it was enough for the two of them.

When he arrived at the compound most of the lights were off. Only the dim kitchen light and one hallway light were on, from what he could tell. He set the food on the counter so he could clear off the table.

The only surface that wasn't covered in files was the chair farthest from the kitchen, not including  the chair  she'd always sit in. There was always something on that chair when he visited, he just couldn't remember what.

He had set the table, now all he needed was to find Natasha. The hallway light that was left on lead to the gym. It was small with few equipment and a mirrored wall but that was all Natasha needed.

As he approached the gym he heard soft music, Swan Lake if he remembered right. He cautiously opened the door to see Natasha dancing gracefully with her eyes closed. The equipment had all been pushed to the side.

He remembered what was on that chair Russian Bloch pointe shoes. 

"I forgot that you danced." He said throwing her out of her trance. Natasha was wearing a simple black leotard, or a Купальник, kupal'nik, as she called them, and pink tights, колготки kolgotki. And of course those Russian Bloch pointe shoes. 

 He could see every curve of her body, the way every muscle moved, long legs... 

"Nice of you to remember." She smiled and walked up to him and pulled him into an embrace. He was content just holding her like that.

"It's thanksgiving." 

"Oh, I didn't know." She mumbled into Steve's chest. "I don't celebrate it anyway."

"Why not?"He wasn't going to force her to participate in a holiday if she didn't want to. She pulled away to look him in the eyes.

"Same reason that I've never celebrated any holiday, I just don't. I was never raised that way, we just... ignored them I guess. I suppose we were  too busy. Russia isn't one of the countries that celebrates Thanksgiving so it wouldn't have mattered anyway." Natasha didn't have to say it, Steve knew who they were. The Red Room, Красная Комната  Krasnaya Komnata

"I got us a Thanksgiving dinner, or more of half of a Thanking dinner, seeing as there is only the two of us." 

"You say that like it's a bad thing." Natasha gave his a crooked smile. "I'm just going to change first." 

When she came back Steve was already sitting beside her chair at the table. She was wearing a tight black shirt tucked into gray sweatpants. She sat down beside him and gave a half hearted smile.

"Usually you would hold hands and go around the table saying what you are most thankful for." 

"Sounds cheesy I probably wouldn't have celebrated it anyway." She shot him a smirk but grabbed his hand anyway. "You first." She almost whispered.

He knew what he was going to say, so he wouldn't mess up this time and say something stupid again. He still wasn't sure how he'd react.

"The thing I'm most thankful for is you, Natasha Romanoff." He held his breath. He expected her to drop his hand and leave, or protest and tell him how bad she was. 

She dropped his hand and stood up.

In one step she had closed the space  between them, she sat on his lap and held him. Her face was pressed into the side of his neck. A single tear slipped down her face. 

"I really needed that. Things weren't going well, the other Avengers stopped meeting two weeks ago, no one came to visit or called. I felt alone, forgotten." Her voice was rough and quiet.

"I could never forget about you Tasha, I should have come seen you earlier." He readjusted his grip on her, holding her tight."

"Why though, why me of all people." She asked softly, as if she was afraid of the answer.

"Because I care about you a lot. I care more about you than anything else. I-" He probably wasn't going to get a better time to confess than now. "Natasha I'm in love with you." Well that's one way to put it.

She mumbled something into his neck that he couldn't understand. But she didn't pull away or yell so he decided it couldn't be too bad.

"Natasha, you're mumbling. I can't understand you." He whispered close to her ear.

She pulled back and studied his face. For a moment Steve thought she was going to hit him, she did quite the opposite. 

She shoved his shoulders back into the chair and started kissing his ferociously. It took him a moment but he returned the statement. His hands rubbed up and down her sides, not wanting to travel onto unwanted territory.

Natasha wasn't so cautious. She slipped one of her hands up his shirt and felt around his abs, making him shiver again. 

Natasha pulled away, studying his face once again. "I'm most thankful for you, Steve Rogers. I love you too." She kissed him again, she wasn't planning to stop.

"Natasha, the food is going to get cold." 

"Yes, yes it is." 

So... how have you guys been. I love your comments. 

Love ELLA THE DESTROYER