tubbo - lie

gender neutral
platonic
plot: you've always looked up to your older brother and you try to impress him, but maybe he isn't always right
warnings: swearing, blood

Tubbo and I were putting up the decorations for the Manberg festival that was happening tomorrow. Neither of us had spoken at all, besides asking for materials.

"So what's with the horns?"

I stopped what I was doing, "I'm sorry, what?"

"Uh— you just have smaller horns than your brother." Tubbo was now staring at my horns.

"Thanks for pointing it out." I rolled my eyes and got back to work.

It was nearly sunset as we finished, and I handed my bags of leftover supplies to Tubbo. "I'll see you at the festival."

He gave me a small nod and then headed off.

I met Schlatt at the White House for dinner, where he and Quackity discussed the festival. I wasn't allowed to say anything, so as soon as I finished eating, I left.

I sat next to the small pond in the center of Manberg, watching the ripples in the water. The only light came from the lamps along the wooden paths and the stars.

I heard the sound of footsteps, and I pulled out my knife. I watched as Tubbo came from his tunnel, and after a few moments, Tommy followed him out.

I moved behind a flag that was hanging up for the Manberg festival and watched what they were doing.

They gathered some food from our farms and then they left. They quickly headed towards the Manberg embassy or Tommy's house.

I went towards the White House, ready to tell my brother what I just saw. I got out my key, unlocking the door. Tubbo and Tommy's laugh echoed throughout the field, and I stopped.

I let go of the door handle. I watched Tommy disappear into the bunker, I walked towards where Tubbo was.

"Hey, Tubbo."

He jumped a bit as he heard my voice. "Oh! Hey Y/N! What are you doing up?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Just admiring the stars." He let out an awkward laugh.

How had my brother believed anything he said? I rolled my eyes. "Don't lie to me Tubbo."

"You can't tell Schlatt."

"Why not?" I scoffed. "Because you're on the right side? Is that what you're going to say?"

"Do you not see what Schlatt is doing?"

"Expanding the nation? Holding festivals?"

"He's constantly drunk and he won't listen to anything we say!"

"That's my fucking brother you're talking about." I pushed him away from me and walked back to the White House.

"Y/N, please don't. You don't know what he'll do."

I didn't acknowledge him. I knocked on the door to Schlatt's bedroom and held my breath as I listened for his response.

He opened the door and I explained what I just saw, and how Tubbo tried to stop me.

"Are you fucking stupid?"

I paused, "What do you mean?"

"Do you think I didn't already know that?" He rolled his eyes and shut his door.

Right. Of course. I held in my tears as I walked out. Tubbo was standing outside the entrance as I left.

"Did he say anything?"