2 - The Awakening

WEDNESDAY MORNING

WEDNESDAY MORNING

Light poured in to the interrogation room startling Jimmy seated and handcuffed to the metal chair. He winced at the pain felt behind his eyes and squinted trying to bring the room into focus.

"He's coming around." Detective Gennery turned to his boss, Captain Chambered of Precinct Nine; commonly referred to as The Nine. "Maybe some coffee will help?"

"Yeah. Get some coffee. Let's see who he is. Oh and call the doctor." Chambered suggested.

The detective opened the door and yelled for a subordinate. "Klages! Klages?"

Officer Klages hung up the phone and headed to the interrogation room. "Detective, Sir."

"Grab some coffee and get the doctor down here and maybe try Interpol for our John Doe."

"Got it!"

Gennery retreated back to his seat at the table. The Captain folded his arms as he looked at the detective raising his eyebrows as if to tell him to begin.

"Hey...hey...can you hear me? Eh?"

"Awww...what in the hell?" Jimmy raised his hand but could not reach the back of his head.

"You have quite the lump on the back of your head there. Who shot you?" Gennery began asking questions far too quickly for the man not even sure where he was.

Jimmy looked across the metal table to the detective and the Captain. "Where the hell am I?"

"You are in Precinct Nine of the NOPD. We are just waiting for a doctor to stop by." Gennery looked at his superior.

"And these handcuffs are for what? I never wear jewelry." The suspect, though sarcastic, did not appear to be jovial in any way.

"Oh, you are funny! You're not from around here, are you?" Gennery scoffed.

"I am from...I am not from here." Jimmy could not remember ~ anything.

"Yeah, I gathered that. You have a northern accent." The detective deduced quickly.

Jimmy frowned. "I am from the north?" Then gave the slightest of shrugs to indicate he had no idea where he came from.

"It's gonna be like this, is it?"

"Like what?" Jimmy squinted, not trying to focus with his eyes, rather trying to interpret the mixed signals firing inside his brain.

"Just tell me where you are from."

"I am from...I am from...arghhhh. I can not remember!" The frustration evident from Jimmy's response.

"And this?" Gennery stood then pushed against Jimmy's shoulder.

"Ahhhhh! Heyyyyy! That..." Jimmy's mind flashed back to the room. "I was shot." Another memory flashed in his mind. "Lana!"

The detective sat back down witnessing Jimmy flinched as a snapshot memory flashed in his mind. Gennery watched Jimmy's eyes focus on him.