9 - HERE COMES THE SUN

Windy found Doctor Moore's personal cellphone number by means she will never tell

Windy found Doctor Moore's personal cellphone number by means she will never tell. Though for Windy, this increasingly became a game of life and death for Jimmy. She would never give up the man she cared so much about.

"Hello, this is Sarah Moore. Can I help you?"

"Doctor Moore?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"This is Wendy Hoggard from Saint Vincent's hospital. Doctor Solder gave us your number because he can not make it to Saint Vincent's this evening. We were wondering if you could help us tonight?"

"What is the state of the patient?" Doctor Moore took the bait.

"Mr. Dunn is in and out of consciousness with a contusion to the back of his scalp. The CT scan has been performed and we require you to read his scan and make a diagnosis. Timing is everything as you know?"

"Is Mr. Dunn stable?"

"He is." Windy stayed cool and answered without hesitation.

"If there is no rush, I will be there in an hour."

"Thank you, Doctor."

Intensive Care Unit

Dr. Kline entered the intensive care unit to check on Jimmy. "Mr. Dunn, I see Marilyn has made you comfortable in the ICU."

"Comfortable? Did you order this? I look like a science experiment!" Jimmy pointed to cables attached to certain places on his scalp.

"Well, you will be able to sleep. We will monitor your brain waves overnight."

"You will let me sleep? Actually sleep?" Jimmy mocked the doctor.

"Imagine that." The doctor took the sarcasm in stride. "Now get some rest. I'll check in on you a little later."

Marie, Alex, and Windy

The three arrived at Saint Vincent's hospital and headed for the cafeteria on the second floor. Windy opened her laptop then checked the time.

"We have about fifteen minutes before Dr. Moore gets here. This is the tricky part."

"What are you doing now?" Alex looked at Windy.

"I am...routing a text through Solder's cellphone to Dr. Kline's cellphone telling her Dr. Moore would be arriving tonight instead of him arriving tomorrow."

"You can't do that!" Marie was truly startled. "Can you?"

"It better work or the gig is up, Marie." Windy raised an eyebrow.

"Is it working?" Alex impatiently asked.

"We will find out soon enough. Truthfully, I have not done this before." Windy looked up from her screen. "Cross your fingers."