6 - IN YOUR DREAMS?

"Gib!" Windy woke mid-flight realizing she completely forgot about the cat she adopted at Christmas

"Gib!" Windy woke mid-flight realizing she completely forgot about the cat she adopted at Christmas. The same time Jimmy moved into Lana's building. "I better call the building manager when I land. Sorry little Buddy."

Windy met Lana several times. Jimmy never hid his past from the women in his life. He knew his new girlfriend made Windy feel like a third wheel but she was special and still wanted to be friends.

She did her best for Jimmy, even being Lana's first customer, buying a cat bed for Gib. At New Year's Jimmy and Lana called Windy and sang Auld Lang Syne to her.

When Lana had a promotional event at a pet store Jimmy called Windy to be part of it. He did not feel sorry for his friend, he just wanted her to know she would always be part of his life.

Friday Morning

Windy landed in New Orleans and quickly made her way to Alex and Marie's apartment. She did not sleep much on the red-eye flight and focused her energy on getting Jimmy home.

She knocked firmly then waited.

Marie opened the door. "Windy! You made it! Jimmy, it's, Windy. It's great to finally meet you."

"Marie?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I come in?"

"Oh...yeah, yeah." Marie laughed and face palmed herself. "Come in. He's just on the sofa."

Windy dropped everything and rushed to Jimmy. She doted on him. "Hey, Honey. Feeling any better?" Their eyes met. "I don't like the look in your eyes! He should be in a hospital. Jimmy, why aren't you in a hospital?"

"Windy...they will lock me up if I go into a hospital." Jimmy spoke to his friend looking half asleep.

"Being dead isn't much good either!"

"I'll take my chances."

"Jimmy! I did not come down here to collect a corpse." Windy turned to Marie. "I need some supplies."

"Supplies? Like what?"

"A digital camera, printer, and photo paper."

"Are you crazy? I don't know how to get that!" Marie stepped away from Windy.

"I can get those things." Alex made his way from the kitchen. "Anything else?"

"Alex?" Windy deduced.

"Ya."

"I am making a new passport and Blue Cross paperwork. Do you know someone?"

"I do, but it will cost you." Alex looked at his guest.

Windy reached into her jeans. "Five hundred?"

"That may cover it. What about my time?"

"Get back here in thirty minutes and I have another two hundred for you."