20 - WAREHOUSE PART 2

Lana

Both Windy and Alex knew Jimmy found Lana. The short man Fromanger also knew one thing; these people were not who they said they were and he bolted for the door.

Windy blocked his way but the leader of the longshoremen had his gun and drew it on her. "Federal agents, I suspect? You know you gained entry illegally and all the evidence you found is inadmissible..."

"Shut the fuck up you little piss hole of a man!"

"Just because you are a lady doesn't mean I won't shoot you!" Fromanger became very nervous and shot his pistol into the air. He had men to do this kind of work for him.

The door Windy blocked flew open and her momentum sent her into Fromanger who still had his pistol above his head. She ripped it from his stubby fingers and used him as a human shield.

"Jimmy, we have company!"

Killer, Ray, and Carol rushed in with guns drawn. Their attention is directed to their boss and Windy.

"You are a dead lady. I have thirty men guarding this place." Fromanger tried to free himself from Windy's grip.

"Yeah, how many know what they are guarding? These clowns here and a handful of others?" Windy continued changing angles as the men tried to flank her.

"They work for me. They don't care what's inside these walls." Fromanger laughed.

Alex has never been a fighter and feared guns. Jimmy made his way around the cages and met up with him trying to stay out of sight.

Jimmy slowly approached Alex from behind. "Alex, it's me." He whispered.

Along the way, Jimmy picked up a push broom and a shovel. "Take your pick, Alex."

Alex frowned at Jimmy and chose the shovel then caught a whiff of the odor emanating from it that made him cough. "Shit."

The cough had captured Ray's attention. "Carol, Lawrence." He just tilted his head suggesting they check out the noise.

"There are two bastards back there!" Fromanger squealed.

"Get behind me, Alex." Jimmy snapped the push broom off at the brush head and picked up both pieces. It smelled as bad as the shovel and made them both gag. "Christ, I can only imagine what this smell is from."

"Fuck, I see them!" Alex watched through the cage.

Jimmy raced to the end to meet the first man, Lawrence. He threw the brush head at his handgun just to get him to aim away from him. Then he stabbed at the small-time hood with the jagged end of the broom handle penetrating his shoulder.

"Arrrrrgh," Lawrence screamed, snapped the broom handle in half, and fell forward into Jimmy's left hand. Killer's legs buckled as Alex ran past him and Jimmy with the shovel raised.

"Alex!" Jimmy yelled as his friend passed him.

With Carol readying to fire on a charging Alex Jimmy reared back and threw the last part of broom at the unsuspecting bodyguard.

The handle glanced off the left side of Ray's head allowing the small pickpocket time to knock the gun from his hands as he fired. The thirty-eight caliber bullet went through Alex's calf muscle. "Arrrrrgh son of a bitch!"

Jimmy rushed Carol and ran him into the wall with an elbow to the chin. Jimmy gave up forty pounds to the larger man but Lana consumed his mind. He thought I don't have time for this.

Jimmy noticed Carol reach behind his back and he quickly pounded the bodyguard's shoulder. The man reached back a second time, Jimmy loaded up on his left hand and delivered the hardest left cross he has thrown in his life.