Chapter 33|| "Our bodies electrify."

That small sarcastic smirk. His bright eyes luring me in from across the room. With each breath I drew closer to him. His hands tracing mine. As our bodies electrify.

A loud crash came to my window

I opened my eyes shocked from my sleep

"Smooth Patterson."

I unlocked my window letting him in

"So what is this about a gig ?" I asked

He climbed through the window tripping on his untied shoelace landing both of us on the floor.

"Sorry! sorry." He said repeatedly apologizing

He lifted himself off of me but remained on top of my body. Out of breath, his eyes sparkled staring back into mine. His pupils dilated and he smiled.

The sweetest thing I live for

Luke Patterson's smile

"So I had this idea, that we play this festival in town."

"It's good exposure, we can play a few songs and get you back just in time before your mom gets back from work."

I shook my head at him doubting the plan

"Impossible, she's always home 11:30 sharp."
I replied

"Come on trust me on this one."

He placed his cold hand on my shoulder causing a shiver to go down my spine.
He pulled his arm back.

"Let's go." He said hopping out the window waiting for me below

I grabbed a change of clothes, shutting off my light on my way out. I slid down the ladder as he put his hands on my waist to help me down.

I stumbled into his chest placing my hands in front of me. His hands remained on my hips. His gaze locked with mine. I started to lean in but he pulled back.

What's your deal Patterson ?

I pushed off and walked towards my car. The boys loaded their gear and hoped in the back.

Luke changed the radio a few times looking for good music. He rolled his eyes.

"Where's nirvana ?"  He asked

I laughed plugging my phone into the aux to play Smells Like Teen Spirit

He smiled

"Now this is good music."

I kept driving until I pulled into the malls parking lot. It had been transformed. Each parking space turned into small game booths. A ferries wheel towering above us and the main stage lit up with bright white lights.

Alex and I dragged the instruments onto the stage as Luke and Reggie stood amazed by the colorful lights.

Luke looked to the hot dog stand

He shivered and kept walking

"Not again."

Reggie followed after stopping for a churro

I smiled to myself

It's like having two brothers whenever Alex and Reggie are around.

Reggie tuned his bass as Luke placed his guitar pick in his mouth. He seemed nervous, but for what? He's never been like this before a show.

I squeezed his hand looking at him

"It's gonna be great Luke."

He gave me a small smile

"I'm not worried about that."

The crowd filled the empty space between the stage. I stepped back taking in the audience. If his worry isn't about the set.

What's going on?...