~ 3 ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ (Two Years Later) ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All Might had wandered into the room quietly, his gaze shifting to green hair left a mess. The woman before him was suffering, struggling to maintain daily routines. He couldn't blame her. Two years and the investigation had still not been solved. Izuku Midoriya was still missing and in the current morning, they only received more worrisome news.

"Take your seat so we can begin." The detectives face was darker than normal, his gaze laced with sorrow as he tapped his fingers along the table. He seemed to hesitate on his next action before he opened the briefcase and pulled something from within. It was hard to distinguish at first, but the woman's expression dropping gave the answers to the item being presented.

"Tha... No! It can't be..." Her mouth quivered as the detective moved slowly toward her, placing the feather on the smooth surface. The green colors were similar to the ones All Might remembered, his heart dropping in his chest.

"We found this on a villain caught a couple days prior to this meeting. It seems the feather is one you know..." Inko nodded slowly as she twirled the item in her fingers.

"I'm never going to see him again, am I?" The words left a pain in All Might. He wanted to deny her words, but he couldn't find the strength to force a lie. In all honesty, he never felt there was hope. The kid was gone, there was no changing the outcome. 

"Ma'am... It is your decision on what we do. Continuing to search may not bring anything beside fruitless nights. I hate to state the obvious, but I don't believe we will find him." 

"I am aware I was hopeful for the better outcome. I made a mistake the night he went missing and hate the fact I never said the words I should have. I pushed him away instead of showing my love for my own child!" Sobs filled the room as everyone fell silent. They had known of the Childs disappearance, but finding out about the reason he was roaming the streets so late left most shocked.

"What do you mean by pushed him away?" They waited as she sucked in a shaky breath. Her eyes looked empty.

"He manifested his quirk that night while playing with our cat. I knew he hadn't meant to kill the cat, but I still lashed out. I was terrified by his quirk. One small scratch and the cat had died almost instantly. He loved that cat and must have felt awful, but I pushed him away. Yelled at him to leave. If I could have taken those words back, I undoubtedly would." All Might sighed slightly before leaning back in his chair.

"So the blood that night was the cat's..." Inko nodded as the detective took over once more, his hands gently pressing to Inko's shoulder.

"I get you regret your actions. Unfortunately, what is said can not be taken back. We can keep searching for now, but there will come-" The detective stopped mid sentence as Inko placed the feather down on the table. She wiped at the tears before forcing a smile, her words leaving broken in places.

"Just forget it... He's never coming back. He could be dead for all we know and I might never find the truth. I would rather end this thinking he didn't suffer and move on..." Her words surprised many, Eraserhead the first to speak up.

"But Ma'am, you don't know if he is truly dead. He may still be-"

"Stop the investigation. That is my choice Sir, so do not try to sway my decision." Eraserhead fell silent before he scowled, his hands forcing his chair back. He rose slowly, giving one more glance before leaving. All Might frowned before meeting the woman's gaze.