Prologue

The sun was slowly decending in the sky as a pair of travelers made their way along the winding and long path. One of the travel-worn two shaded a hand over her eyes to look up at the sun through the trees.

"A couple of hours until dark," She said, squinting upward. The young woman looked back at her companion, who wasn't even paying attention to the road, much less her. He was flipping through a book he had in his hand.

"Seriously?" She asked, though there was amusement in her tone. "Have you been paying attention that all? You'll walk into a tree?" The young man rolled his eyes at her, but she was proven right a couple moments later when his forehead collided with a tree branch. "See?"

"You're more like mother every day," the man grumbled as she plucked the book from his hand and placed it into the satchel on his back.

"And proud of it," she quipped, turning back towards their destination. She yelped at the man shoved her lightly, causing her to stumble. "Hey!" The man laughed in response, and the two fell into step as they made their way out of the light forest and onto the open road.

From here they could see the large stone walls of the city that was their destination, the towers of a castle peaking over the top. It was less than an hour's walk from where the two stood.

"Come on, Merlin," the young woman said after a long moment. "Let's go face Camelot."