✦ just keep looking at the stars. | 15.

TW: implied suicide, depression and major character death

kokichi say on the edge of the cliff, it reeking of ocean and rain.

"kokichi! I found you!" He heard a familiar voice behind him.

"keebo?...what are you doing here?" He asked, carefully getting up.

"you weren't in your dorm...so I came to find you!" The robot smiled lightly. "...Why are you up here? Its dangerous, you know!"

kokichi smilely faintly. He looked horrible. Bags were under his already pale skin, he was so skinny it looked as if he hadn't eaten in months—he had bandages around his arms and some on his legs, a single band aid over his cheek.

it had been...probably years since shuichi's death. He tried everything. Therapists, friends, family, now even keebo...he felt horrible.

"hey, keebo," kokichi completely strayed from the topic. "Look at how pretty the stars are tonight. Its so clear." He pointed upwards.

he knew kaito would enjoy this night.

was he really going to end it all, leaving his lover and friends behind? He sighed, nodding to himself.

keebo looked up, inattentive. Kokichi set his phone down, a note under it.

this is the only way to end the pain. Kokichi shuddered, looking back behind him. Im sorry keebo. I'm sorry kaito, maki...miu. For everything.

just keep looking at the stars.

kokichi then fell. Or, jumped.

to took a moment for keebo to notice, too vacuumed into the starlight to notice the purple haired boy's absence.

he blinked for a moment, confused. "Kokichi?" He yelled, soon looking down.

then and there, he started sobbing.

kokichi's cracked phone was overtop a...suicide note.

heh. this is last minute.
well. im sorry. this...is the only way to finally end the pain.
i really am sorry. i have nothing else to say, honestly. just...sorry.
keebo, you know i love you, so...so much. im sorry for leaving you.
kaito; you fucking idiot. i love for that.
maki, even if we did have a love-hate relationship at times, you were like a big sister to me. thanks for that
and miu. bitchlet. i love you. im sorry.

tears stained the note as keebo bit his lip.

just keep looking towards the stars. i love you, all of you.
name a star or planet after me someday, kaito.

my sincerest condolences and final sign off,
kokichi ouma.

———394 words
pure unfiltered angst. fuck you.
i love me my angst sandwiches
anyway, this is inspired by my current favorite tiktok! pls check out karm4tic on tiktok! :>