✦ shuichi quits. | 16

takes place after the third chapter
tw: implied saiouma/oumasai, very aggressive yelling

kokichi's pov:

kokichi and the remaining students—gonta, himself, shuichi, himiko, maki, kaito, keebo and tsumugi—were halfway through the trial, and kokichi thought he knew exactly who was the culprit.

he couldn't of been more wrong.

"if I cant make this game fun, I'm gonna make it boring for everyone! The culprit is-" Kokichi was soon interrupted, confusion filling his gaze.

"i quit!" Kokichi blinked, shuichi's voice cracking and loud. "I fucking quit! I'm- I quit!"

"shu- shuichi?!-" Kokichi's eyes widened. "What- what do you mean?" He was scared. What did he do?!

"I'm done!" He smiled, tears forming in his eyes as his gaze wandered to kaito. "This stupid game is literal hell, I quit!"

"shuichi? You good man?-" Kaito looked to his friend with a worried gaze. What was wrong?

"no, kaito!" He yelled, facing him. His eyes flooded with tears, wide. A smile painfully put on his face. "I quit, I'm done! I quit this stupid fucking killing game!"

tsumugi's pov:

this...wasn't part of the script...kokichi was supposed to get gonta to... Tsumugi's eyes were filled with confusion. Didn't gonta already kill... what did he do?!- He's the fucking protagonist!

"ya know what? I killed miu! I fucking quit, I want to leave! Fucking execute me!" Shuichi was sobbing at this point. "I know whats gonna happen, I've tried to be calm- it didnt do anything for me! I sat on the floor after killing her, I'm literally done!" Shuichi tossed the knife he used to stab miu into the middle of the trial room.

"I quit! I quit, I fucking quit!"

tsumugi blinked. He...he...fuck wait- who's-

kokichi's gaze was set on shuichi. "You...but I...I watched gonta..." He blinked, confusion causing tears to well in his eyes. "It can't be true! Gonta did it, I watched him!"

"he's innocent, fuckhead! I give up, I quit, I'm done! I get to leave now—I get to see kaede and rantaro and ryoma and kirumi and- and everyone else! I get to leave!"

what...did...when?- How?! I fucking watched kokichi!- Tsumugi panicked. How could she leg this happen?! This wasn't in the fucking script!

"fucking vote for me already!" Shuichi ordered, laughing hysterically. He was going insane.

"shuichi please say you're joking..." Kokichi yelled back, tears rolling down his face. "Please!"

"too bad!" Shuichi yelled back, voting for himself. "I did it, idiot! Just believe me I have the proof, the bloodied clothes, the knife, there is nothing that can't prove this isn't me! I don't want to survive! Its the whole, horrible truth!"

tsumugi sighed, still acting scared and sad. At least I planned executions for everyone just in case it went off script...

kokichi's pov:
kokichi started sobbing, breaking down. He didn't believe it. He couldn't- he wouldn't vote for shuichi, instead voting for himself.

this was his fault. He should've noticed shuichi's despairing and horrible mental state. He should've noticed.

"please, say its wrong," He whispered to himself, choking on air as he tired—and failed—to breath in between each aching sob.

monokuma started laughing hysterically. "Wow, I didn't know you had the guts to confess, shuichi!" His shrill voice hurt kokichi's ears. "It's punishment time!"

kokichi's world started turning black. He couldn't hear as kaito ran over and caught him. What...what?

was it all a dream?

oh, by god did he wish it was.

"kokichi?" Kaito's voice hurt kokichi's ears at he woke.

"shuichi...?" Kokichi blinked quietly. "Oh..kaito."

"shuichi...he isn't-"

"it wasn't a dream. Fuck." Kokichi felt tears well up in his eyes again. "I..."

THE THIRD PROTAGONIST OF NEW DANGANRONOA V3 KILLING HARMONY: KOKICHI OUMA, THE ULITMATE SUPREME LEADER.

———626 words