Chapter One:

It felt like we'd been up in the air for hours, feeling the breeze come all around us as it changed temperature, swallowing us up. The blades of the helicopter danced in the air as we traveled far away from the wall that held back the creatures that we didn't think existed but now lived upon us. I looked at the construction workers working on a higher section of the wall, guards on the fourth level, fighting off any creature that wanted to disturb their hard work. I studied these beasts into my mind already, like a picture book ready to be taught in history class. I felt Ross' hand twitch a little, as it was still intertwined with mine as if it was stuck by glue and it could never be separated. I looked over at him and saw him looking out to the view too, seeing me looking and looking back, giving a small smile as he brought up our hands and gently placed a kiss on the back of mine. I blushed and looked back at the view. I was so focused on the creature that was skinless as I didn't notice the bright yellow light shadowing over me. 

I looked up seeing the sun setting, the orange firey light pulling me in, drowning me into a new setting. Right under the gorgeous sun was another wall, horizontal from the previous one right next to it, and behind that wall was a large building, guards moving outside of it, protecting whatever was inside, or trying to keep the dead out. Behind the building was also a very large helipad. The helicopter began to slow down and move closer to the ground, towering over the landing. My father looked out and noticed what was happening, turning to Demi and waking her, her head resting on his shoulder before she woke up, rubbing her right eye before she looked at my father, smiling before seeing the ground. The sun vanished as we landed, the guard jumping out and holding his hand out to Demi. Other guards that waited for us to land ran over, one female one helping Dave get out before two more came to my side, helping Ross and I. The guards ran us over to the small blueish door, it being so small compared to the size of the grey building. 

The guards stood back as we made it inside, only the guard that saved us and one of the female ones came inside, her behind the group as the male lead the way. 

"I'll walk you to the waiting room," the male guard said. Even though the door was closed, the helicopter made him seem so quiet, like he was still yelling, "Miss Emma will lead you the rest of the way,"

The guard turned around and made his way up the hallway, us following behind quickly. We made it to the only door in the hallway, him pausing to swipe his badge, the machine flashing green before the door became unlocked, him opening it. He held the door open for us, once instead we stopped, looking around the room, seeing nurses in separate rooms with large windows, seeing some nurses helping people like an appointment.

"Before I start, I'll like to say that it was a pleasure finding you," the male guard said, "We were almost starting to lose hope on finding survivors." 

"We?" Dave asked quietly

The guard nodded, "I'm only less than part of the team. I'm Johnny, behind you is the marvelous Watson. We are one of the few guards that work inside, and also known to counselors to some."

A small laugh came from Watson behind, creating us to ease a bit. 

"Miss Emma will answer all your questions, but first, it's a security procedure that we get scanned before we make it to the main hall." Johnny said, "nothing scary, just making sure that we're clean and ready to go." 

A few nurses than came out and stood there, waiting for Johnny to finish before they take us back. Johnny gave a quick look at them, winking at one of them before turning back to us, "See you on the other side,"

With that, Johnny and Watson left the same way we entered, and the nurses finding one of us to take back with them. One girl looked at me and nodded, walking from the waiting room to the hallway, I followed her. There were rooms on each side like a doctor's office, some empty with the doors open and others with the doors closed, even saw some of the cleaning crew wiping everything down. I heard the footsteps of my group behind me start to fade away, them entering their own rooms, Ross stopping me with our hands intertwined. I looked around to see him worried, his nurse waiting for him at a room a few doors down.