🌑𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐞🌑

Wilbur looked numb. I guess that was how we were all feeling. Numb. We'd fought and killed for this nation, and now Schlatt had waltzed his way in here, running for President. There was a reason he was banished. I guess that's why Dream brought him back. Because he's cause utter chaos.

My eyes found Tommy. There was a forced smile plastered onto his face, but his usually bright blue eyes were vacant and unmoving, fixed on an indistinguishable point on the horizon.

I turned back to Schlatt, his prestigious presence like an overcasting shadow on the stage. There wasn't a wrinkle in his suit, every line crisp and seamless. He was so polished it made me sick.

Quackity, Fundy and Nikki were behind him. The others who'd appointed themselves into a party to run against Wilbur. I was thankful that at least someone tried to oppose him, as I knew the brunette's plan was to shut the ballot overnight and keep everyone else none the wiser to consolidate their power. And that was just injust. So then Quackity stepped up, with his running mate George, who was ever absent. Then Nikki and Fundy, though I reckon they didn't actually want to win, more show that they were in favour of democracy and not the sort of autocracy that Wilbur had tried to impose.

I knew myself I'd still be voting for him, of course. Wilbur had lead our new nation through revolution and war, all for independence. While I respected Quackity and Nikki, they weren't really leadership material. And Schlatt? Well let's just say I wouldn't trust that man with a match in a fireproof box.

I felt a sharp tug on my arm, and looked to my left to see Tubbo, pulling on my sleeve.

"What?" I whispered, conscious of the fact there was a rally going on.

"Something isn't right about this." He muttered. I laughed quietly.

"What gave you that idea?"

"Schlatt won't get in power, though. Will he?" I thought for a moment before shaking my head.

"No. Wilbur's done so much for this country. People won't forget his hard work. And besides he has Tommy and Tommy's..." I paused for a second, thinking of the right word, "Well he's Tommy isn't he. I don't think anyone else has a chance." I said a lot more confidently than I felt.

The rally must have finished during mine and Tubbo's conversation, as the next thing I knew, Tommy was bounding down the stage steps, heading towards us.

"There he is, my favourite idiot!" I called, waving to my friend. He gave a half smile but his eyes weren't really in it.

"Hey Felicity, hey Tubbo." He greeted us.

"You doing okay?" Tubbo asked, clearly noticing the blonde wasn't his usual self.

"Of course I'm okay, I'm always okay!" He tried to play it off as a joke, but his voice remained flat. We began to walk up the stairs, towards Tommy's house. The three of us didn't really talk, but it wasn't an issue for me. Tommy and Tubbo were the sort of people I could just enjoy the company of, without needing a constant stream of conversation to keep us binded together.

"I can't believe Schlatt turned on us like that, he was supposed to help us!" Tommy burst out of nowhere. We reached the peak of the hill, the tall teen walking slowly over to his bench overlooking the area and sat down, defeatedly. I followed suit, sitting down on his left while Tubbo took the right.

"Piece of shit," I said lowly, rubbing my friend's arm comfortingly, "I know how much you looked up to him too."

"Looked up to him?" Tommy scoffed, "Please. I've never wanted to be anything like that goat-man." I raised an eyebrow, too tired to argue.

"Goat?" Tubbo asked curiously.

"He looks like a fucking goat." Was all the other boy had to offer. I kinda saw where he was coming from though. He had a certain sort of face that made him look like the animal. Tubbo, on the other hand, seemed to think this the funniest thing in the world, guffawing. The giggling was infectious, until the point where I was clutching my stomach from the pain of laughter and the only thing keeping my on the bench was Tommy's, albeit unwilling, grip on my arm.

It took me a few seconds to calm down, sitting up and pulling my navy L'manberg jacket back over my shoulders. A thought struck me.

"Hang on, isn't the devil often depicted like a goat or something?" I asked, to no one in particular.

"Sounds about right." Tommy rolled his eyes.

"Well you know what they say about the devil. He may be evil, but he's real fucking smart." My head whipped around, coming face to face with Schlatt's almost black eyes. My pupils widened.

"Oh shit." I said in a sing song tone under my voice. Tommy smacked my arm, eyeing me weirdly. I contorted my face, in a stupid emotion of petulance, staring back at him.

"Well aren't you going to invite me to sit?" He asked, an awful smirk painting his face.

"No." Tommy stood up, crossing his arms defiantly.

"Aw, the child doesn't want to share his toys." He drawled back. I kept silent, not ready to be involved in an idiotic argument.

"Felicity is literally younger than me, why do I always get called a child?" Tommy questioned, annoyed.

"Only younger by two months..." I muttered.

"That's beside the point. I need to speak with her." Schlatt pushed the conversation forward. I hid my shock with sarcasm.

"She has a bloody name." Tubbo stifled a laugh at my response, Tommy smirking proudly.

"It seems you've been hanging out with the immature child too much, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." Schlatt said, with the same tone as someone commenting on the weather.

"Get to the point. What do you want?" I sighed.

"Like I said, I want a word." He told me, mildly.

"Yeah, you can have a word. Goodbye." I said savagely.

"Oh trust me, this is a deal you don't want to miss out on." He was grinning again. That stupid, malicious grin.

"Who said shit about a deal?" I frowned.

"Come with me, and I'll tell you."