🌓𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮🌓

Needless to say, Wilbur was devastated. He didn't even look angry, that was the worst part. His face was so empty, devoid of emotion. He simply sat there, looking at me sadly. I didn't quite know how to react, so I stood there awkwardly as he processed the news.

"After everything I did for you?" His voice was cracked slightly.

"Wilbur, please, this isn't because I don't respect you -"

"Don't fucking try to escape the blame! I thought you, of all people, might support me. After everything we've been through with the revolution, when you first came to L'manberg, after everything that happened to you that I helped you through-" He was furious now.

"Don't." I flinched at his sentence, immediately going cold all over.

"I can't believe it's you, of all people, to betray me. I thought it would stop with my son and Nikki. But no. You let me down too." He was on his feet, shouting now.

"Wilbur, I swear, this is not me betraying you! I just wanted a chance to win, you know?" I tried to explain.

"Why is it that everyone in my life finds some way to screw me over?"

"Oh yeah, make it about you, huh? Oh boo hoo, my name is Wilbur and my wife Sally left me and I'm all sad." I mocked. I regretted it the moment I saw the look on Wilbur's face. It was like at the mention of Fundy's mother he broke. I didn't even mean it, it was a heat of the moment thing. But it was too late to take back.

"Don't you dare talk about Sally." He spat, lowly.

"No, Wil, I'm sorry-" I bit my lip.

"You're already becoming like him." The words hit hard. I wasn't already becoming like Schlatt, was I? But then again, the stupid mocking tone, the unreasonable insults... I shook my head, not wanting to believe it. The tall brunette rubbed his eyes furious, gathering up what he'd brought up here with him and made to leave.

"After everything we've been through." He hissed into my ear as he passed. Then he left me standing alone.

~1 Year Ago~

"Who's there?" I shrank back at the voice, shivering in the cold. It was a decidedly male voice, cutting through the constant pattering of rain. A shaft of light cut through the alley, a back door opening to reveal warm glow.

A silhouette exited, head whipping back and forth, stopping on me. The figure walked forward revealing his face. The man was very tall, towering over me easily, with a mess of curly brown hair hanging over half his face. His rounded glasses covering his chestnut eyes were already covered in drops of water.

"Hello?" He said slowly, brow furrowing as he spoke. I made no reply, shuffling away slightly. "Hey, hey, I'm not going to hurt you. What's your name?"

"Felicity..." I croaked, voice sore.

"I'm Wilbur, what are you doing out here?"

"I-" I didn't have an answer, not wanting to think about the series 9f events that lead me here.

"You look cold, do you want to come in, I can get you some food or something?" He offered, unsure what to do. I nodded slowly, letting myself be lead inside the door he emerged from earlier.

I entered to see a beaten down wooden table, seated around; a pretty ginger woman and a moderately small male, maybe a bit taller than me, also with ginger hair, but Wilbur's eyes.