Part 2 - Dan

Dan's P.O.V

Today had been .. unusual. The new kid; Phil I think his name was, vanished after 1st period. Not that I cared. Today had dragged so much though, to be honest I just wanted to be left on my own. But of course that didn't happen. Everyone wanted to sit with me at lunch and talk to me about pointless things, I just wasn't in the mood. Something was bugging me and I didn't know what it was. I guess I was kinda hard on Phil. I mean it was his first day I just hated new people! They annoyed me so much.. I don't know. 

''Hey Dan see you tomorrow'' Charlotte winked as she walked past me, brushing my shoulder. She really was stunning, I just.. wasn't attracted to her. It was weird. She had long blonde hair and emerald eyes and a sexy smile, but I just wasn't interested. What the hell is wrong with me. I shook away the thought and went into the toilets. I was about to unzip my trousers when someone came out the cubicle sniffling. I looked up and saw...... Phil. It looked like he'd been crying.

''Phil?'' He just stared at me with bloodshot eyes, afraid to utter a word. A saw a tear drop down his face and he quickly ran out. I took a deep breath, he must have been in here all day. I felt strange. I knew I shouldn't have put him through all the shit I did. I brushed my hand through my hair. 

***

Finally I had reached my house. I opened the door and was greeted by my Mum smothering me.

''Hello darling how was school?'' I half smiled;

''Alright I guess'' I gently brushed past her and went to the kitchen to inspect the fridge. As always there was no nice food. I sighed and closed it. My Mum strode in.

''So I heard there was a new boy that started today?''

''Yeah'' She got closer.

''Soooo.. what's he like?'' I rolled my eyes.

''I don't know'' She sighed in exasperation. 

''What do you mean 'You don't know' Did you talk to him? Was he nice? Did you become friends?''

''MUM!'' She backed away slightly.

''Sorry sweetie, would you like a hot chocolate?''

''Yeah please'' 

''Marshmallows and whipped cream?'' I smiled and nodded. I went into the living room and slumped on the couch, to find my younger brother; Adrian. I snatched the remote off him.

''Oi! Mum!! Dan's being a twat'' I frowned at him and he smirked.

''Don't swear Adrian!'' His face dropped, haha. I switched it over to the Simpsons. I shouted to the kitchen;

''Mum what's for dinner?!'' 

''Fish and chips!'' Yeah buddy.

''Kay!'' I took in the pure pleasure of doing nothing for another hour and then I heard the front door open. My Dad strode in the living room;

''Hey how's my favourite boy today?'' He was looking at me. I looked over at Adrian's blank face; he was used to Dad's favouritism. I smiled;

''Alright I guess'' He leaned over and kissed the top of my head. He smelt of women's perfume, I was nearly certain he was having an affair. I wouldn't say anything to my Mother though. After I'd had my dinner I went to my room and logged on to Twitter. It sounds pathetic but I was quite proud of my 2,000 followers. I tweeted a few random things about school expecting to get some retweets; I did. I  wanted to see if I could find Phil's twitter.. but I didn't know his last name. For fuck sake. My username was so random, 'danisnotonfire' I have no idea where I got that name from it just sounds cool. Someone knocked on my door;

''Dan sweetie are you asleep?'' It was my Mum. Jesus it was only 8pm.

''No'' She walked in.

''Do you want any chocolate?'' Her voice trembled, it looked like she'd been crying. I sat up properly.

''Mum are you okay?'' She laughed nervously;

''Oh of course I am, don't you worry'' She just stood there awkwardly for a couple of minutes, shaking and sniffing. I frowned.

''Mum what's wrong? Tell me'' I patted my bed. She sighed and walked in.

''Okay. I'm not sure if you're old enough or mature enough to know this but....'' I interrupted her;

''Mum, I'm 18'' She smiled;

''Yeah I know, but you're still my little boy'' A tear rolled out of the corner of her eye, I hated it when my Mum cried. I held her hand and spoke seriously.

''Tell me'' She looked up at me with bloodshot eyes.

''Okay..... your father just told me..'' I knew what he'd done. I stood up and went over to their bedroom to find him sat on the bed with his head in his hands. I couldn't hold in my anger. My fists were clenched and I was breathing hard. That bastard. He looked up at me.

''Dan.... let me explain''

''Explain what?!?! How you broke Mum's fucking heart?!'' I strode over to him;

''Please!'' I stopped. 

''You have one minute'' He smiled slightly.

''Well I was at work one day, it had been a long day. I was at my desk sorting through some papers when my receptionist; Jenna, came over to talk to me...'' I stopped him;

''YOUR FUCKING RECEPTIONEST?! SHE'S HALF YOUR AGE DAD!'' He stood up;

''Now hold on you haven't let me....'' i couldn't hold it in, I punched him straight in the face. He fell on to the bed. I was surprised at how strong I was. I could here my Mum run in behind me.

''DAN OH MY GOD!'' I looked at her.

''You don't deserve him Mum'' She looked at me in shock.

''You.. you punched your father?!''

''He deserved it!'' She started crying again. I hugged her.

''Hey it's going to be alright okay'' I kissed her head. I can't believe what had just happened. My life was fucking ruined.