Vier

~4~

(Castle)

If I were to describe a day at school, I'll describe it as boring and mechanical. One can't expect the lessons to change greatly from one school to another. They're just almost the same and its fine with me. I already mastered high school lessons since I've been through them several times. Words can't explain how bored I am already but since it was part of my cover, I guess I have no choice. Sinclair Academy also has to be protected from the inside as well as the outside due to the secrets that it harboured within its walls.

Although the lessons were boring, I am constantly entertained by merely observing the students. They're quite enjoyable to observe and predict.

When I saw, Apocalypse, or should I say, Trieze Harbinger, at school, I knew immediately that there's something wrong. I was sent in this city to investigate about the mysterious disappearances occurring here. I guess my reports triggered the UN Security Secret Forces to send him.

I found Trieze sitting on my seat as he tried to chat with one of my classmates.

"Why are you here? Go away," I asked him in a manner that will tell him that he's not welcome. I can't stand this guy and I don't want him around me at any time.

"Aw. That's quite rude of you, Hierophant, I mean, Castle. Is that how you treat your friend?" he answered with a toothy grin which I know was faked. His yellow hair covered his forehead like a curtain, perfectly reminding me of his ability- the opposite of the kind of person he really was.

"We're not friends."

"You're denouncing me as a friend? Couldn't you get anymore cruel than that, Castle? We should get along," he said and smirked. The girls whom he's talking to earlier, gasped- some even placed their hands on their lips. More or less, I have an idea what they were thinking in regards to what Trieze just said. "Since we'll be working together."

Upon hearing what he said, I immediately pulled him out of the room and into the men's bathroom. We need to talk. Seeing that the bathroom's already free from other people, I locked the doors and made my inquiry.

"I haven't received any notice from UNSSF about you coming here and working with me. Even Atlantis did not expect you."

His smirk never left his face. "Maybe they had assumed that I will come here using 'normal human' way. I was about two weeks earlier than my scheduled arrival here. The cases in Japan were isolated cases only. The cases here in the Philippines were more serious since there are concrete evidences that one of the First-Borns is involved."

"I don't need your help. You may leave."

"Are you sure? You're possibly facing a First-Born called Project Hydra who has the ability called Molecular Disintegration through Energy Absorption. His abilities will render Biological Warfare quite disadvantaged since he can reduce everything to nothing including your bullets."

I don't like how he made my ability sound weak. "And you're saying that your ability is superior to mine?"

"No. That's not what I mean. I know that you know that my ability is quite useless against Hydra's energy absorption too."

"And you're implying that?"

"Like what I said earlier, we should work together." A mischievous smirk was on his lips again. No wonder he's also known through another name- Cheshire Cat.

I can't really trust this guy, can I?

Better not.

Around four in the afternoon, a phone call captured my attention as I was approaching my car to leave the campus.