Neun

~Castle~

"I trust that you are wondering as to why I showed you my real 'body'," Atlantis' voice sounded but I was unable to pinpoint where it came from.

I continued to look at the disembodied brain floating inside the glass tank of clear liquid. Several wires and tubes were latched into the organ, securing it from floating all the way to the top of the tank or tumbling all over.

The wires and tubes seemed to also supply the organ with electrical impulses while the liquid, I assume was made to resemble cerebrospinal fluid or, maybe really cerebrospinal fluid, which supplied Atlantis' brain with oxygen and nutrients as well as removing toxic substances like carbon dioxide. Looking at it that way, I can really understand the complexity of this entire jumble of wires and tubes, keeping Atlantis, at least his brain, alive.

"Not really. I already have an idea. However, do speak," I told him. It's quite odd talking to a lump of gray object inside a tank.

"Your genes."

A self-satisfied smirk curved my lips as my idea was proven correct. "My genes?" I pretended not to know where this conversation was going in order for me to find out the full motive of this disembodied brain we refer to as Atlantis.

"I'd like to create a body following your genetic blueprint," he answered with a serious tone.

"You wanted my biological immortality," I corrected his sentence as I made a self-satisfied smile which immediately turned into a grimace.

"Your regenerative ability which you got from a hydra and a planaria will enable me to transplant my brain into a viable body, Hierophant." Atlantis' normal jolly tune was not gone. It was replaced by an authoritative and serious one. He was speaking to me as the leader of us- Tri-Gen.

"Why not do a full mental emulation instead. Raise a dead body and transfer your memories into that body instead of cloning me and transferring your consciousness into that clone?"

He chuckled for a bit. "Well, you were right earlier. I am also after your biological immortality, Hierophant."

My eyebrows came together as I made a disapproving expression.

The main reason why I destroyed the laboratory which created me, including all the data of my creation, was to prevent humanity from obtaining my biological immortality- to prevent the rich and powerful from attaining biological immortality.

"Do you know that you were once called 'Project Prometheus', Hierophant?" Atlantis continued. I was just standing in front of the glass tank and looking at the brain inside, as if I was conversing with it. Well, technically, I was conversing with the brain. "You were named after the titan Prometheus who stole fire from the gods and gave it to humanity."

"Why are you telling me this?"

There was a momentary pause and Atlantis' face appeared on every screen in the room- the biggest screen was the one located on top of the tank, directly in front of me.

"Because you are meant to do what he did- to give to humanity something that belonged to the gods. I believe you know what I meant, Hierophant."

With that revelation from Atlantis, I finally realized now the first purpose of my creation- it was not to be a supersoldier which was nearly un-killable, it was because I was meant to be the template of humanity's future!

While Prometheus stole fire from the gods and gave it to humanity, I am to give something that will make humanity THE gods themselves- I was to give them immortality like how Prometheus gave them fire.