CHAPTER 4: New People... Weird People

A DAY LATER: 1:47 PM

        Cold tile pressed roughly against my skin as I drearily blinked my eyes open. I pushed myself up and off the bathroom floor that had become my new home. I had vomited at least ten times this morning, and I still felt like I had food poisoning or something just as painful and uncomfortable. I was barely able to pull my brown hair into a ponytail before my stomach groaned with a sharp stinging pain at my sudden movement. 

        I winced and slowly put my hands down to my sides. I couldn't even finish my hair, much less put on makeup. Today's gonna be wonderful, innit? I waddled awkwardly into my bedroom and painfully changed into the first clothes that caught my eye; a cropped hoodie and some tights. I just wanted to go back to sleep and cuddle up with a towel on my bathroom floor, but I had given my word to Daniel that we would talk this afternoon. A quick glance at the clock in my kitchen told me I needed to hurry if I was going to get something to eat. 

        I shuffled into my kitchen and opened my fridge with the hopes of finally filling my empty stomach. However, the sight of the rotisserie chicken I had sitting in my fridge triggered something and I almost threw up... again. I quickly slammed my fridge shut and settled on just drinking some water. My phone started ringing from inside my bedroom and staggered back to pick it up.

        "Hey, I'm here in a silver Tesla." Daniel answered, the rugged sounds of gravel under wheels echoing through his phone.

        A Tesla? Hm, fancy. 

        "Oh, uh, okay. I'm coming down now." 

        I stumbled out of my apartment, locking it on my way out and trying not to look weird whilst suppressing the pain rippling through my bones. I scanned the parking lot, and it wasn't hard to find the bright silver car with vivid red wheels. It stuck out like a sore thumb. I walked over to the car with my purse slung haphazardly over my shoulder. 

        He was on his phone when I got to the passenger side, so I knocked on the window for him to unlock the door. As soon as he saw me he beamed, and as I heard the door click, it started automatically opening upwards. I hopped in with a smile on my face, even though I felt like absolute crap. 

        "Hi Emery!!" He sounded awfully cheesy.

        "Uh, hi Daniel." I said, ordering myself to not wince as I sat down.

        "Do you like Chipotle?" he asked.

        "Uhm, yeah... but I don't want anything."

        "Oh, okay. Are you sure?"

        "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine!"

        "Alrighty then." 

AN HOUR-ISH LATER: 3:32 PM

        After we picked up the food at the drive thru, we started cruising down a road I partially recognized. I rested my head on the door handle and quietly watched the bushes along the roadside, but when I looked up again, we had appeared in the rich part of LA. We passed quite a few famous people's houses, and I felt an ominous sensation in the pit of my chest. Whether it was a new ache from being pregnant or something different, I had no clue.

        We came to a stop at one of the many lovely houses, and he pulled into the driveway. I craned my neck to get a better look, and the house seemed to tower over the car, stretching towards the sun. I look at him, impressed, and he looks at me with a proud-ish smirk as he presses a button. I was at a loss of words as the front doors opened, and stepped out of the car to hear the doors slide down and automatically lock behind us.