CHAPTER 9: Issues

12 am:

I wake up in the most excruciating pain. It was agonizing. I could barely move. I felt something wet in between my legs, I turn on the lamp next to me. I Pull my hand from under the sheet and it was covered in blood. I was so shocked. I thought about calling Daniel but I forgot were currently not talking. I try to move again, but it was just too uncomfortable. It felt like someone was trying to pull all of the bones of my pelvic out of me. I grab my phone which was next to me, worried that it is what I think it is. I call the only one I know I can...Ring1...Ring2...Ring3...Ring4... "Emery- why are you calling me at...12:10?" "Ariana, please, please, please come to Daniel's house and bring me to the hospital." "Why what is it?. What happened." "There's blood, and I'm in pain and I don't know what to do." "Wait blood. What the heck happened. I'm coming right now." "Please hurry. I- I think I'm having a miscarriage, I can barely even move right now I'm in so much pain" "Ok, Ok calm down I'm on my way." I then text the next person I could think of:

Me: Corbyn, I need you to meet me at the hospital. I think there's something wrong with the baby. Please hurry.

Corbyn: Wait, what? I'm on my way

Me: Please, I'm freaking out.

I stood up carefully trying not to scream in pain. I waddle down the stairs, stopping every so often because the pain was brutal. Ari texted me telling me she was here, and I was dripping blood leading to the door. As I opened the front door and walked out of the house, I shut it behind me as quietly as I could. When she saw the blood coming down my leg, her eyes widened in horror, but she kept her composure. "I-I don't want to ruin your seats..." "They're seat covers, they can be washed! Just get in the car and sit down." I did as she said, and every time I tried to move, excruciating pain shot through my body and I honestly thought I was going to bleed out and die. "Ari... please hurry." "Calm down, we're almost there. I gotcha bud."

As soon as we go to the hospital a couple of nurses came out with a wheelchair and sat me on it. They gave me a towel to put in between my legs, and at this point, I was thinking the worst. I look down to see even more Blood and started feeling a little woozy... I have never been the best when it comes to blood.

A million lights were shining in my face, and I wake up to a voice saying "Dude... she's awake." "Omg Em." Someone engulfed me in a hug. And I knew who it was but at the same time I was so out of it, I didn't know what was happening. "Em. You scared the actual living crap out of me. How would you feel if you found a trace of blood leading to the front door-" "I-im sorry..." "No, please don't apologize, I should be the one apologizing. I'm just glad you and baby girl is ok." "Baby, girl?" Did I hear that right? I was still pretty out of it. "Yea... they took some blood while doing tests and found out it was a girl. We are having a girl Em!" He said smiling from ear to ear. A doctor then knocked on the door and came in. "I'm glad to see you awake Mrs. Emery. Gave us quite a scare. We did an MRI scan while you were passed out, and did an ultrasound. I have good news, and bad. Good news. You and your baby girl are doing ok. She's fine, and you will be too. Bad news... You have something called Pelvic Girdle. Pelvic Girdle is when your placenta produces a hormone that is supposed to relax all muscles, which also happens to relax your pelvic muscles, causing it to feel unstable, and cause a lot of pain when you try to move. Sitting down, and standing a lot will make it worse, and it is said to be worst at night. So just take it easy from now on, and I suggest getting a pregnancy belt, it will add more support and make you feel better. Taking an over-the-counter pain medication will also help. Anyway, that's all, and we're just going to keep you overnight so we can closely monitor you as you did lose some blood, but you should be fine." I smiled, relief flowing over me knowing that this was not something life-threatening, and that baby girl is indeed safe.