CHAPTER 6: Midnight Ice Cream Runs

I wake up and it was a miracle, I didn't feel like vomiting everywhere! I took advantage of this and got up happily. I got my first shower in like 4 days and did my hair and makeup. I walk to my kitchen to find a note from Daniel saying...

'Heyyy, I slept on the couch last night but had to go to the studio. I will be at the studio until like 3:30 and after that, I will go and pick us up something to eat, that is if you want anything, please text me when you wake up and you read this. Fingers crossed your not currently puking— Daniel' I smiled and grabbed my phone telling him good morning, and that the first time in 4 days I didn't feel like crap. I decided to go for a jog, downing a banana.

The beginning of the jog was sooo nice. The sun was out just enough for it to be just hot enough, but not too cold. But the deeper and deeper into the jog I got and the further away from my apartment I was I started feeling sick. Like I was yesterday. So much for having a good day. I start walking back to my apartment which by this point was about 15 minutes away if I were to jog, and like 30 if I were to walk. 

I continue walking avoiding the want to throw up every step. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a silver tesla with bright red wheels start driving slowly keeping up with my every step. I start freaking out knowing it couldn't be Daniel as he was at the studio pretty much all day. I start walking a bit faster and they sped up. I then went into a full-on sprint ignoring the fact that I was about to vomit EVERYWHERE. That's when I tripped scraping most of my knee. 

The person who was in the car pulled over and got out. Relief fell over me when I saw it was Daniel. "EMERY WHAT ARE YOU DOING RUNNING?" "Well EXCUSE ME, you scared the actual hell out of me- now please come help me up." He sighed helping me to my feet. The drive to my apartment was him yelling at me telling me that I needed to be more careful 

"You are carrying our baby, Emery. You cant be doing this. What if I wasn't going to surprise you, you would still be trying to walk your way home. I'm just.. disappointed." I don't know why those words hurt so much. But he was right. I needed to take care of my body and get as much rest as possible. I can't be this reckless anymore, I had to take it seriously. "I-I'm sorry." I stutter out. He grabs my hand "it's fine, just please be careful.." I nodded my head "I will."

~11:32 pm ~

I woke up and looked at the bright red numbers on the clock next to my bed. 11:35, I stretched a bit instantly feeling dizzy, which made me feel sick, again. I sat up in my bed, arraying my pillows to where it would give me enough support, but at the same time was comfortable. I got my phone off the table next to my bed. The first thing I opened was Pinterest. I scrolled through the different boards and pins, from funny text messages to cute dog pictures. Whilst I was reading a funny text pin something else caught my eye.

 A sundae, but this sundae made me feel different. It was like suddenly the nausea I was feeling suddenly disappeared and my eyes focused on the picture. Vanilla ice cream with chocolate coming down in just the right places, cookies crumbling down the mountain of white lavishness, and a red sweet cherry sitting on top. It looked like a whole masterpiece. My mouth immediately started watering, and the more I stared at it the more I wanted it. I clicked on the pin and it took to me a website. It was a restaurant that specialized in sundaes. JUST SUNDAES.

I looked at the different ice creams and cones, and toppings they had to offer. I looked at the location, and it was 30 minutes away from where my apartment was located. I bit my lip. I didn't want to have to get up, and brush my hair, and get something- presentable on. Ok, yea, I didn't want to look like a civilized human being, but I needed the ice cream at this point. 

I slipped my socks on that I kept by my bed. I opened my door carefully, making sure it didn't creak loudly. I navigated my way through my apartment, the streetlights peeking through my balcony and windows. I stumbled into the living room, and there laid a sleeping Seavey. He looked so peaceful snoring away on my couch. I made my way in front of the couch but contemplated waking him or not, I would reach my hand out but quickly pulled it out. I mean how mad could he get... While I stood there for 5 minutes wondering what to do, I saw bright eyes looking at me. "WHAT THE HELL-"

I jumped back "WHAT!?" I asked looking around thinking something was happening. "What the heck are you doing up at 11:50?" He said asked while getting up "Well... You see, that's the thing, I woke up, and uh... went on Pinterest." While I was trying to find my words, I heard a deep and long exhale. "What Em? I'm tired." "I-I WANT ICE CREAM." I blurted out. "Ok, ok... you have some in your freezer, I saw it earlier." I watched him lay back down as he cuddled back into the blanket. "Well, yea. If you would let me finish. I saw a specific kind of sundae and I want it." "Um, ok?" He questioned. 

"Yea. And it's uh... a place, that specializes in sundaes..." "Well, if you want some we can go tomorrow." "No. See that's the thing. I want some now." "Emery. I'm not going out at midnight to go get you your sundaes or whatever, they may not even be open-" 24 hours Seavey, 24 hours." "Augh no, I'm tired let me sleep." The want for that sundae grew and grew until it loomed over me like a ravenous monster. My stomach churned even more, and after a few moments, I finally caved in to my desperation. And as much as I hated it, it was the only way to get that sundae. I started sniffling and pretended to wipe some tears off my face while I walked back to my room all sad-like. I heard him sigh and some shuffling from the living room direction, but I made a straight shot for my room. 

I slammed the door and locked it pretending to cry even harder. I heard some footsteps and a couple of knocks on my door. "G-go away. Obviously, you don't love me enough to go get me some ice cream." I heard the doorknob rattle. "Open the door Em..." "No." "C'mon please?" He rationed. "N-no..." "Emery..." "I don't want to ok." "If you promise to open the door, I will go get your ice cream." I heard him say through the thick wood door. I perked right up but continued with my act. "F-fine... Go get it first and then I will open it." I heard a long and hard exhale from the door and celebrated in my head. "Ok...Im going to go now I guess. Text me if you need something." "O-ok..." And as soon as I heard the front door close, I turned on my lights and started dancing, but stopped as nausea hit me again.