Gala and Conversations

December 18, 2020 

Sara's POV

It was Saturday and Ava had a long mission with the Legends and Brooke and I stayed at home.

I see Ava opening the door while Brooke in her soccer uniform and I were running all around the place, I enter Brooke's room, and a few seconds later I found what I was looking for, I get out with Brooke's soccer shoes in my hand.

"here" I yell and throw them to Brooke's, Brooke catches them and runs out of the apartment with a backpack.

"Bye Mama" Brooke says when she sees Ava at the door.

I walk right behind Brooke but I stop when I reach Ava "A soccer game came up" I say and give her a peck "We'll be back in two hours, you rest"

She puts her head on my shoulder "no I'll get ready, we always go to the games together "

"Ava you are exhausted, I'll take her, you need to rest " I reply, and kiss her, she kisses me back.

"Hey lovebirds we're gonna be late" Brooke teases like usual but this time she does have a reason.

"Are you sure??" Ava asks again.

"yes I'm sure, now go to bed" I insist, she nods and goes inside the room.

I get out of the apartment where Brooke was waiting, we get into the car and drive to the school, I park and Brooke quickly gets out, I take out my cap that in the front had embroidered the name of Brooke's team and in the back 'Soccer Mom'

I remember the day Brooke gave it to me, it was a month ago, she arrived from school and gave Ava one cap that had embroidered in the back 'Soccer Mama', I didn't expect for her to give me one but then she handed it to me just with the words for the soccer games and then she went to her room to do homework, we never talked about it but I couldn't explain how happy I was when I read the words 'Soccer Mom'.

I got out of the car and walk to the benches next to the soccer field, Brooke's game was starting, she was normally a striker or a forward, the game begins, it goes for a while until they have a water break, I pass her the bottle, she quickly drinks it and leaves it again.

"Thanks, mo-Sara" Brooke says awkwardly and immediately leaves, I process what just happened Brooke almost called my mom, a smile breaks out, and probably won't leave my face in a while, I continue to watch the game.

In the middle of the game it gets colder, and eventually, it begins to snow, they cancel the game, Brooke's team winning 4-3, Brooke runs towards me.

"The game is canceled, can we go home?" She asks picking up her things.

"yeah let's go home" I answer, both of us walk to the car and sit in silence all the way.

Brooke's POV

Fuck, fuck...fuck, I almost called Sara mom, yeah it has slipped a few times with William, and once with Nate and I had to make hin promise we wouldn't tell anyone but never with Sara. I love Sara as much as I love my Mama, we have a mother-daughter relationship but we never talked about it, it just happened, I will try to pretend that nothing happened, maybe she didn't even hear me, right?

I pretend to stare at the window, thinking about all that stuff, the ride in the car is silent no one is talking, Sara turns to see me a few times, but I just avoid her, I feel the instant I turn around too or we have a moment alone she will bring up what happened in the game and I have no fucking idea of what to do.