prologue

Hi, I'm Mal but you already know that. I'm the daughter of Maleficent and the girlfriend of King Ben. Yes , you heard that right. If anyone told me two years ago that I would be yet alone living in Auradon, I would call them insane. I never would of thought, a girl like me would be with the king. Nobody expected us to last as long as we have. Tomorrow is our one year anniversary. One year since he told me the love spell had ran off and he wasn't faking his feelings for me. I can't believe it. Tomorrow we had a very special date planned and I was so excited for it. I had a few surprises in mind for Ben and I knew he would love it.

Besides that everything is going okay I suppose. Being the King's girlfriend is not easy at all. The Royal council still haven't accepted the fact that Ben loves me even if I am not a princess. The council want him to break up with me and marry Audrey. Audrey and her family have been trying to get their way for the last year or so. They are obsessed. They can't accept it that Ben and I are happy together. I don't even want to be queen but for Ben all this stress is worth it.

There is still quite a lot of tension between Audrey and I. It looks like we won't become friends any time soon. Maybe thats for the better, she just can't look past the fact that we are initially from the isle. She'll believe we will never change but we don't need her approval for anything. Jay, Carlos and Evie are doing so well. They settled in so well here. Evie's business is blooming with sales. It won't be long before everyone in Auardon is wearing something of Evie's. Carlos and Jane recently started dating and I must say they are the cutest couple I've ever seen. He truly loves her so much. Jay on the other hand is staying solo for the minute but I'm sure that won't be the case for long. Every girl seems to be obsessed with him.

Now here's where our next story begins. It started off as a pretty ordinary day but it didn't stay that way for long....

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Not everything is as perfect as it seems even if they all think I have the perfect life now that I'm off the isle and with Ben.
I loved Auradon. I really did, being a royal girlfriend was stressful but I never thought it would get too much for me. I didn't ever think that the events of this day would be the final straw but I had enough and I just had to leave...

I had no other choice.....

But I couldn't go back to the isle, no matter what....