Cold Autumn Day

The next day
Danny's Pov

I grabbed my notebook and closed my locker. Once I turned around, I saw Arin pass me by. I ran up to him and poked him on the shoulder.

"Hey Arin?" He turned around.

"Yeah?" I smiled as he pulled back the blonde strip of his hair.

"Umm...you know if you're serious about studying together then I need to know who's house we are going to study at."

"Oh. We can do it at my place. My parents will be at work almost all day. So, we'll be by ourselves."

"Okay." I said before he started to walk away. I rushed over and grabbed his sleeve. He turned around and gave me a 'what?' face. I let go of his sleeve and sighed.

"I need to know where you live."

"Nah. We can just walk together. I'll give you my address later, okay." I smiled and nodded before waving goodbye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked out the school entrance and waited for Arin under a oak tree. The cold autumn wind bit my cheeks as they and my nose turned a slight pink. I put on my blue knitted mittens as my breath could be easily be seen. After a while of waiting, I saw Arin walk out of the building. I waved and called him while I grabbed my stuff. He turned to look at me a waved as I ran over.

"Hey! You ready to go to my house?" I nodded. We began walking and talked about anything that would come to mind. It was quite fun just to talk without any care in the world. Even the weather didn't bother me. It was like, if as long as we were together nothing bad would happen and I really liked that. It probably sounds cheesy to say that, but it's true.

We talked the whole way to his house. He opened the door and showed me to his room. I sat down on his bed and put down my notebook and books while I watched him do the same.

"So, what subject do you want to start on first?"