2

Chuck's POV

I'm here again. And everytime I am, I always end up reminiscing about her. But now, I was brave enough to bring our son Henry with me who has not seen his mother since he was born.

"Dad?" Henry calls. I smile at him and raise an eyebrow.

"Tell me about you and mom." He says. I smile at him sadly and nod.

"Your mother was different than everyone. She was very open about her feelings towards a lot of people. Especially to those she despises." I chuckle to lighten the tension.

"I never expected to fall for her. Or for anyone else. Until one night.."

"You really don't think I'd go up there?" She says with a smile on her face. She takes a sip out of her drink and looks at me.

"I know you won't do it." I smirk. She looks at me in disbelief.

"Guard my drink." She says before standing up and walking into the stage. She starts to sway her hips and dances with the others. I stare at her with something so much more than amusement.

"Who's that?" An employee behind me asked.

I've become speechless. "I have no idea."

"And then there was prom.."

"I can't believe you would do something like this, Chuck! And you're not even defending yourself!" Blair whisper yells at me. I look at her with my thin line of patience.

"I swear, Bass, you will pay for this," she says. I could see madness in her eyes. I bite my lip to stop myself from smiling. She was too cute, wearing that annoyed expression.

"And our prom queen is...Blair Waldorf." Penelope, one of her "minions" finally announce. Blair, not expecting it, widens her eyes and immediately goes to the stage to claim her crown.

"Oh my god, I can't believe Blair won!" Serena shrieked in excitement.

"Yeah, who even voted for her?" Dan Humphfreak says, who happens to be beside Serena.

"Me. About 150 times." They both look at me, shocked. I hide a smile and leave the room. I wanted her to have a perfect night and I think she did. She just didn't know it was because of me.

"She was there for me when I had no one.."

"Let me come with you, Chuck." Blair says, running after me.

"I appreciate your concern." I say before going into the limo. But knowing Blair, she's gonna stop me. She'd never give up on what she wants to achieve. No matter how much you reject her, she's always gonna work for it.

"No." And I was right. "You don't appreciate anything right now. I'm always gonna be here, no matter how many times you push me away."

"We talked about this. You are not my girlfriend." I make sure to emphasize each word.

"But I am me. And you're you. We're Chuck and Blair. Blair and Chuck. The worst thing you've ever done. The darkest thought you've ever had. I will stand by you through anything." She says, closer to me this time, with my hand intertwined with hers.

"And why would you do that?" I ask.

"Because..." she looks hesitant. "...I love you." My heart beats faster than ever and for a moment, I decide to say it back. But I can't make her happy. And If I say it, she'll be stuck with me in an unhappy relationship.

"Well that's too bad." Every word I said made me want to punch myself, knowing it would hurt her.

But it was for the best. She deserves so much more than a troubled Chuck Bass.