8

(My favorite that I've made)
This will be CB children to teenagers to adults! I've always wanted to give it a try. I appreciate feedback.

P.S., Paragraphs written in Italics are flashbacks.
_______________________________________________

Often times, Chuck Bass, as unbelievable as it sounds, would daydream in the middle of a date with Blair. She'd tell him stories about how her day went or how she obliterated people's lives or how Audrey was the most iconic actress in the whole wide world.

He would think about the times when he was just a child, a careless child who wanted nothing else than attention.

The times when he and Blair Waldorf would play little games to annoy each other. And make it up to her using barbie dolls because he knew she had a passion for pretty clothes and not once did she ever resist.

He realized she was the only girl in his life who he had a special connection with. A "girl best friend" would probably be the closest term to describe what they were as kids. But he hated that.

That phrase was ridiculous and it definitely does not do them justice. What he and Blair had was special, real and surreal at the same time. He had never given a lady the permission to get under his skin other than Blair. And he loved it.

***
"Mom, have you seen my laptop?" He heard Blair's angelic voice as he tries to settle himself on the chair for the annual Waldorf-Bass-Van der Woodsen- Archibald dinner.

He used to hate dinners like this. It was boring and all the adults ever talked about was how their business was going great or how they were planning to spend all of their money to increase incomes.

He would mumble something under his breath, a judgmental word or two to at least get something out of his system before he would yell at everyone in the room about how much he wanted to go home.

His father would never allow him to do so. And he would never allow himself to do anything that might disappoint his father more than he did now.

"Sweetie, you can find your laptop later. Are you almost ready for dinner?" Eleanor walked towards her and gave her daughter a kiss on the cheek.

11 year old Blair looked beautiful in her white dress and her curled brunette locks. He was always mesmerized and fascinated by the fact that she always seemed to take his breath away without effort.

For a moment, their eyes lock. Blair gasped and tried not to look tense. The other day, when he had helped her get to school by carrying her heavy bag and her science project, she felt something weird and fluttering in her and she couldn't stop thinking about it.

Chuck Bass inhabited her thoughts the whole day and she could not believe it. He was a jerk. He picked on girls and always had that cold personality she could never tolerate. How ridiculous of her to waste time thinking about Chuck Bass.

She looked away and turned to her mother, whispered something about finishing getting ready and should be down at the dinner table in 5 minutes. Chuck cleared his throat and sat down on the chair in a gentleman-like posture. Minutes later, Lily and the rest of her family arrived. Then followed Nate, his best friend along with his parents.

"Blair, I heard your little science project got an A+ today." Lily said while chewing at a bite sized chunk of meat.

Blair blushed and slowly nodded. Chuck, who was across her, hides a smile from everyone. Everyone except Blair. She glanced at him because if it wasn't for Chuck, her small hands would have dropped it easily and her science project would have been destroyed.