Ten

ROMAN'S POV

I fired my gun quickly with no hesitation as Blake hit the ground. Anger and hatred flew through my body. She looked afraid. I can't believe we missed one of the guys. I can't believe I let this happen. It feels like the situation with my brother all over again.

Jared fell on the ground screaming in pain. I shot him in the arm. "Grab him, he's coming with us." There was no way in hell he was going to take the easy way out after what he just did.

My only focus was on Blake. I made her this way, so it was my responsibility to fix it. I can try to save her, like I couldn't my brother. I took a deep breath.

"Fuck." I bit my tongue as I ran over to her body. "What the fuck did he do to you."

I noticed the needle sticking from her stomach. "Get the car." I yelled. I couldn't think straight. Why the fuck would he do that. What was the motive.

"Kill the others, I just want him." I turned my anger toward Jared laying on the ground gripping his wound.

I picked her unconscious body up running out of the building. The only place I could think to bring her was my empire. We had doctors, plenty of rooms, privacy and the best protection. Luis wouldn't get a chance to lay a finger on her.

"Is she okay. Oh my god, Blake." Rae said running up to me. "What happened to her. I heard gun shots, was she shot?"

"No." I looked around cautiously for my car. "She's going to be staying with me. She's not safe here."

She nodded without question which I liked. "I need to make sure she's okay though, I can't just-."

"No." I cut her off. I couldn't trust anybody but my men. I knew this girl was Blake's friend, but I don't know her. So therefore, I can't trust her.

"She's my best friend. I deserve to be with her and make sure she's okay. I'm her only family!" She yelled at me.

I didn't like the fact she was yelling in my face. I wanted to put her in her place and make sure she never did it again. But I wasn't in the mood right now, I didn't have time to argue. "Look, I don't have time for this. One of my men will keep you updated." I walked past her as Colton pulled up with my car.

I placed Blake in the back seat as I got in beside her. "Go to my empire." I looked at her chest to see it still rising.

"You sure boss? You haven't been there in a while." Colton said looking at me through the mirror.

I nodded. My empire. I mean I shouldn't say 'my' because I'm never there. I have my own place on the other side of town. My empire is where half my men and women live with their families. I liked keeping my people close. It's over 4,000 acres of land and highly guarded. It's where my parents and sister stay too.

I just have my moments of how overwhelming it is to lead so many people. So, I got my own place across town. Only a couple of people know about it. With how huge my empire is nobody knows where I am half the time.

I placed my eyes on her as I felt guilty. I haven't felt guilt since my brother's death. The feeling made me uncomfortable. Fuck.

After almost an hour drive, we arrived.

I touched her neck searching for a pulse. She's still breathing.