Eleven

BLAKE'S POV

I slowly opened my eyes groaning as I felt pain travel down my body. My head was pounding like crazy. I looked around noticing I was in a room, bigger than the one in my apartment. The bed felt so comfortable and smooth.

I tried sitting up but the pain in my body made me fail. I rubbed a hand through my now matted up curls. I really needed a shower and a drink.

I was attached to machines that beeped over and over which were starting to drive me crazy. I needed peace and quiet.

"What the hell happened to me." I mumbled to myself. "And where am I." I looked around.

All I could remember was being attacked at the club and everything going dark.

"You were drugged." A woman in a long white coat said with an alluring look on her face. She was coming from a side door, that I didn't notice before.

She was a beautiful woman. Tall, pale skin, black long hair and her face was defined perfectly.

"I'm Dr. Krue. Roman brought you here. You we're pretty banged up." She stared at me.

I bit my lip as she announced his name. It was hard to believe he brought me here and made sure I was taken care of. I started smiling at myself thinking about him.

Dr. Krue eyed me down. "You we're close to death. Whoever drugged you must of wanted you dead. Because it wasn't your typical drug, it took a lot to flush out your system. But I know what I'm doing and got it out pretty quickly." She spoke as she wrote something down in a notebook. "And you're at Roman's empire. I'm sure you know what he does for a living?" She asked walking toward me, staring at me more intensely than before.

His empire? He's never talked about it before. I'm surprised he'd bring me here instead of just dropping me off at a hospital.

"I do." I responded with a sigh. "It doesn't bother me." I couldn't tell if what I said was a lie or not. It did bother me, but at the same time it didn't... ugh I don't know.

"And why not. Girls like you," She paused with a frown. "Don't seem to talk to men like him. Well, I'm surprised he'd go for you." She admitted with an annoyed tone.

I frowned back at her. "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean." She laughed. "A white successful man. With a black girl who strips? It gives him a bad look." She shrugged. "He has an Empire to run, he doesn't need people seeing him in that way." She shook her head.

My body was completely boiling. How did she even know what I did for a living?

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" I didn't expect those words to come out my mouth, but I was pissed.

"Sweetheart. You need to calm down." She chuckled shaking her head. "The truth hurts. You're damaging his image."

She really thought this was funny. Or that I'd laugh and agree with her.

"Fuck you. I don't want Roman, his imagine is damaged enough." I yelled as I got up, ignoring the pain. I snatched out the needles of fluid going into my body, which hurt like fuck, but I ignored it. "Thanks for saving my life, but I won't sit here and let you talk to me like that."