Swimming

I walk down the pier suddenly having second thoughts about coming. This specific pier is  old and broken with wood sticking out in places. I am careful not to cut myself when Div blurts out, "Wanna go swimming?" she stares down into the muddy water getting excited. She tells me her clothes are old and she has a full closet so she is fine. I am not sure about just jumping five feet into the thousand foot depth of water. She takes her phone out of her pocket and says I should go first. "Div, I'm really not sure about this." I say scared. "Okay lets just play Truth or Dare." we sit down but I know where this is going. "Truth or Dare." Those words are powerful and I'm not sure which to pick. I stay safe and pick truth. "Why are you so scared of water?" Div asks with her nose high in the air. "I'm not sure" I answer truthfully. I get a chance to ask her so I think of two outcomes. "Dare" she says with a wild look in her eyes. Really, I'm starting to wonder about her name and the 'evil spirit'. Hopefully she isn't to dangerous. " I dare you to jump up and scream 'hey fish, you want a piece of me?' on the top of your lungs so the neighborhood can hear you." She stands up smiling but looks disappointed and wanted something harder. I plug my ears and hear her voice in my head it's so loud. A little dizzily, she sits down and breathes loudly. "Okay, Truth or Dare." Inhale... "Dare" I say. Exhale... 

"I dare you to jump in the water." 

Shaking, I walk to the edge and dive. I fall gracefully with nasty thoughts inside.

What did I just do? How did I agree to this? Did she really just convince me?

One thing comes to my mind, "Did you know my name means 'evil spirit'" As my helpless body falls into the dark water, my head hits a rock and my vision goes funny. I end up laying on the sand while my lungs explode and I struggle to stay in the world. I hear ambulances racing onto the small beach aside the pier but they are too late. My heart beat is slowing and all I think of is 

Evil Spirit