9

Resfeber

Resfeber.

I stared at him. My thoughts started travelling wild. I speculated he's going on a date and dropping by to give our dinner, I felt a little dismay over the date but I didn't understand why I feel sad about Aiden dating anyone.
I should be happy right? But I just couldn't.

Aiden broke me out of my misery by extending the bouquet towards me. I stared at him, flabbergasted.

"Elen, don't you like daisies?" doubt crossed his handsome features.

I reached my hands towards the daisies unhurriedly and looked at it, it was beautiful. I admired the innocence of white daisies, but what I admired most was the person who offered me the flowers.

"I like them, it's lovely" I whispered still stunned by the gesture.

Aiden visibly relaxed and a small smile spread on his face and I was mesmerised by his charisma. His smile turned into a smirk.

"I know" he stated. I quirked my eyebrows in question.

"I just felt that daisies are your thing" he answered for the unvoiced question. I smiled at him and moved to a side so that he can enter.

My mom and Cole gave an 'aww' look, it seems like they would start fangirling anytime now. I arranged the daisies with the roses. I wondered how Aiden knew daisies are my favourites.

The flowers looked pretty together, but sadly roses aren't my thing, but I didn't have the heart to throw them away.

"Aiden, why the sudden flowers?" I asked him, my mom shook her head in disapproval standing behind him.

"I saw the floral shop when I'm on my way and I thought to buy you some" he replied.

"Okay but why?" I asked him, still not understanding the fact. I saw Cole facepalm himself and look at my mom. I wondered what's wrong with these guys? I mean, what do they want? To keep my mouth shut?

"I don't know, it's almost like I felt those flowers are made for you" he acknowledged, confused himself.

I peeked at him, suddenly feeling an unknown shyness besiege me.

"I'll set the dinner" I informed and moved towards the kitchen.

I contemplated over what just happened, is it normal for friends to share flowers? Or is Aiden implying something?

I set the plates and water glasses on the table and called everyone to the table.

My mom and Cole sat next to each other, the only chair left for me is next to Aiden.