Lydia

Another month went by.

Namaras pov

There's some chick running around the institute acting like she owns the dam place. I already hate her.

I still haven't told Alec so I was on my way to do that now. I'm about 3 months pregnant now I have a tiny bump but it isn't really noticeable unless you actually look at my naked stomach.

It was about 1 am so I decided to go see Alec because I knew he would still be awake at this time.

I nocked on his door and heard a small 'come in'.

I walked into the room and smiled as I saw Alec lying in bed, I jumped in with him and he immediately hugged me.

"Mara?" He asked hesitantly.

"Yessss?" I drawled out.

"My mother is forcing me to marry Lydia because it's good for our family and it would help get their status back" he explained and I heard his voice breaking.

My eyes started to well with tears as I felt my heart break.
"W-what?" I sniffled.

He looked into my eyes and cupped my face.
"I love you. But mother is forcing me" I saw tears in his eyes as well.

What the hell am I going to do now? I can't even tell him about the baby because he's not going to help me he will just go off and marry her anyways.

I got out of the bed and away from Alec I started pacing.
"If you go through with this... we're finished" I shouted at him.

He looked taken back but put on a stone cold face. "It's to help my family and if you can't understand that then I guess we are finished" he said back coldly.

I looked at him tears rolling down my face.
"Fine" I shouted in his face and ran out of his room and to my own were I collapsed on the bed and sobbed.

Alecs pov

It broke my heart to see her cry but my mother wouldn't have accepted our relationship and I'm meant to marry Lydia anyways.

I started crying, I don't usually cry but I just lost the person I love.

I heard a knock at the door and Izzy came in and saw me crying her eyes widened because she doesn't see me cry a lot.

"Alec what's wrong" she asked softly as she sat next to me.

"Why'd I have to marry Lydia. I don't want to marry her. I want to marry someone else. Someone I love. But she's gone now... I've lost her" I mumbled.

She looked shocked.
"Wait... you love someone else? I mean I know you don't love Lydia but why didn't you just tell mom" she asked.

"Because the person who I loves father wouldn't approve of us and mother wouldn't like it either our families don't get along. We have been dating for longer than a year and we kept it to ourselves so I told her about the arranged marriage and she said if I go through with it we're done. So I said somethings which I regret and now I've lost her" I mumbled now full on crying.

"Maybe we can talk to mom. Who is she anyways?" She asked.

"Namara Baybrook" I answered.

She was shocked.

"I though you hated each other holy shit. You always act so cold towards each other" she said.

"Yeah that was to keep people off our raydar"

"Well I've only spoken with her a couple of times and she seems really nice. Alec just don't go through with the wedding and you can get her back" she said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I-i can't I don't want to disappoint mother and father. They wouldn't approve of her family because there in the clave and they live in idris. Every time we see them they get into some sort of fight"