- Part 2

We arrived at school. As me and Yukina walked to class, an orange haired upperclassmen stopped me. Hanging around his neck was a white tie and a digital camera.

"Hey there. I'm Isen Tougou, 3rd Year A Class, of the newspaper club."

I've heard of the name Isen before. He was in the same class as Kaido. Did come here by his orders, or by his own admission?

For an A Class student, he looked pretty friendly. I wondered what he wanted from me.

"Takanori Yuuto, 1st Year E Class."

"I'm Kazuraba Yukina. Yuu's classmate."

We introduced ourselves to him. Isen smiled with a nod.

"It's nice to meet both of you, but I'm only interested in Takanori-san. The newspaper club wants to run a story about what happened between you and Shimizu Hoshimi-san of 1-D, so is it okay if I interview you before homeroom starts?"

It seems like the newspaper club had some reporting integrity at least. It would've been much easier to run with the current narrative, but Isen wanted to talk to me about my side of the story. That much I could appreciate.

I quickly checked my phone. It wasn't long before the designated time me and Yogen chose to put these rumours to rest.

"Yeah, that's fine."

"Can I come too?" Yukina asked.

"Sorry, but no can do I'm afraid. It's a confidential matter."

"Oh, I see..."

For insurance purposes, it'd be better if Yukina was present. That way, Isen wouldn't be able to pull something sneaky on me.

"Actually, I'd prefer if she was there with me. It would be a bit surreptitious if it was just us the two of us, don't you think?"

Isen put a pen to his chin, smiling lightly, before shaking his head.

"If you're worried about me twisting the story or something, don't worry. You're not the only 1st Year we're interviewing before homeroom."

It seemed multiple interviews would be happening at once, so there would be lots of witnesses from both the other 1st Years and the other club members. Considering what I was going to use to answer Isen's questions with, I determined it was probably fine to let the situation continue as it is.

"Fair enough. Yukina, you go on ahead. This shouldn't last long anyways. When you get to E Class, keep an eye on the school app for me."

I left her with those instructions. Yukina looked uneasy, but followed what I said. She headed to class, leaving me and Isen alone.

"Well, let's go to our clubroom. It's just down the hall."

Isen lead the way while I slyly checked the school app for information about him. He might have appeared as friendly on the outside, but being a reporter meant that he probably has connections everywhere, including some with less than reputable people.

Not only that, but I was wary of the fact that he was probably privy to many secrets of the students in the school. He must have a way with words like Yogen in order to collect information for all these stories. I can't let myself get caught in a trap by him.

This newspaper story could either be used to my advantage or be used against me to bury me even further. Depending on which side Isen was on, the narrative could flip between either painting me as an innocent bystander whose name was dragged through the mud, or a ruthless monster who unleashes violence on the weak when things don't happen my way.