Chapter 5: Deformed Barbie Doll

*I decided to do this chapter in Cody's point of view, so let me know what you think! Please comment and vote :)

Cody's P.O.V.

I woke up, feeling the extreme effects of my current hangover. I tried recalling some of the events that happened last night but drew up blank. Nothing.

Suddenly, I did remember one thing. I was outside smoking, talking to Aurora. How had that happened? She was upset for some reason, what exactly for? I didn't recall. Shrugging that off, I heaved myself up out of bed, and realized that the blonde chick whose name I forgot was half naked in the kitchen, cooking breakfast.

Well, shit.

"Cody!" She smiled and yelled in a high pitched, annoying voice. What inclined me to bring her with me last night? She looked like a deformed Barbie doll.

She walked towards me, her silk night gown showing a good amount of cleavage. Oh yeah, that was why. Her hips swayed back and forth. If she were to do that any harder, I swear she'd pop out her hip.

"Hey..." I said, attempting to remember her name.

I placed my hands on her waist, trying to will myself not to touch her exposed goods. Something told me that she wouldn't mind, however.

"I had such a great time last night." She nuzzled her head into my neck.

"Oh me too babe." I replied. Not that I remembered any of it. All that I remembered was talking with Aurora, and flirting with a bartender to get me way more drinks than legally issued.

Behind her, I eyed the microwave clock. It read eleven thirty. Practice started in fifteen minutes.

"What are you plans today?" She batted her eyelashes that had globs of mascara in them. That was a turn on...not. I released from her grip, running my hand through my knotty hair.

"Work. Lots of boring stuff. I suggest you go home." I tried to be as nice as possible.

"Are you sure? It's Saturday.Why not call in a sick day?" She started to lean into me again.

I stepped to the side, walking over the the kitchen counter. This girl needed to get out of here.

"Sorry. No can do. Got to work on the weekends. I'll call you later." I replied.

After she finally left, I took a short shower and packed up my hockey gear. I lived right off campus in a house that my aunt gave to me. She had more money than God, hence I lived in basically a mansion, unlike the rest of the college kids I knew who lived in crappy apartments or dorms for three people.

I hauled my gear to the arena and entered the changing room.

"Cody, you're late." Coach Ross sat on the bench, giving me a look I was all too familiar with.

Placing my bag on the bench, I tried thinking of a rational excuse.

"Had to run some errands." I said.
I could see my teammates looking up at me with their all knowing looks, knowing me too damn well.

"What was it last time, you saved a kitten?" Ross scoffed.

"That'll be a hundred dollar fine." he got up and left, while the guys started snickering.

"Yeah, it's all just hilarious." I rolled my eyes, and sat down next to Sheldon, my best friend on the team.

"How'd wine tasting go?" He asked as if he already knew, based on my history.

"So I wake up this morning-" I explained, while putting shin guards on. "And this chick is making breakfast, dressed in skimpy lingerie. I didn't even remember her name."

"Dude! You always get into those situations. Was she hot?"

"Not really. She had nice boobs though." I responded, now tying my skates. I had a routine of getting my gear on down pat, and all the guys were impressed at that ability. He just laughed.

Just then, there was a knock at the door.

"Are all you guys changed?" Ross spoke on the other side with a stern edge.

"Yeah coach." Frederick replied, our goalie.

"Alright, go ahead." I could hear Ross say. The door opened and all conversations stopped as the face of Aurora appeared in the doorway.

I could see her face turn a shade of pink, and she slowly walked in, obviously trying to keep her composure. I laughed to myself, seeing some of the guys fixing their hair or gear.

Ever since they heard that Chicago Weekly was doing a story on us, they thought they were damn celebrities.

"Keep doing whatever you're doing. I'm just going to go around and ask some questions." She stated in a polite voice.

I could see some of the guys whispering to each other. They were probably saying how she looked hot in that dress. I mean, ever since she came yesterday I could hear the guys make bets as to who could get with her first.

I was kind of curious to see so myself. She was attractive, I'll give her that. Having a nice body didn't hurt either.
She had an obvious distaste for me, and had no problem in expressing that. She hadn't exactly been gracious towards me, and I as to her. Though as she went around asking questions, I could see that she had deliberately skipped me, her eyes fleeting past me.

"I have to say, I'm slightly offended." I tried to sound serious but failed.
Even in saying that, her eyes looked to the side of me, as she passively ignored what I said. Yeah, that rubbed me the wrong way.

"What would it look like if you had information about everyone except me? Don't think the boss man would like that, would he?" I went on.
She turned to me this time, making eye contact for the first time.

There was an obvious disdain in her expression for me, and I thought about last night. Maybe I had said something that pissed her off.
It wouldn't have been the first time.
But there was no clever comeback.
Instead she just said in a professional matter, holding a recorder up,

"Who would you look to as your role model in hockey?"

*Sorry it's kind of short, but I will be updating soon!